Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not sure if boyfriend's mate likes me or if it's just a bit of banter Watch

He's generally really polite and might just be being nice since i'm dating his close mate and have done for a while, but sometimes I'm not sure if it's more, and I feel a bit uncomfortable about it.

Apparently when we started dating he was asking my boyfriend stuff about my body and my 'private areas', what they were like :s

He has a girlfriend, and I was supposed to go round there for something, and he made a joke to my boyfriend about 'hoping to be alone with the 2 of us'

He's started teasing me quite often and sometimes it seems kind of flirty

He commented on when i'd had my hair done

I was at their place for a party and I suppose I was quite done-up with my clothes and make-up. When he walked in he couldn't even look me in the eye which was odd.

At the party, I passed him something and when he took it from my hand he did it so that he touched my hand. Even my boyfriend noticed this.

Then there was a joke that i'd had enough to drink and should go back home. He made a joke about taking me home himself. His girlfriend was right there and I just felt awkward really.
    He's said stuff to my boyfriend in the past like I'm cute (as in sweet), really nice, cool, slim etc. but to be honest I just thought this was him being nice.

There is other stuff like this. Does it sound as if he's attracted? My boyfriend has never mentioned this, and I dunno if he's just having a bit of banter and whatnot, but I'm just scared that his girlfriend will start thinking something and I would never want her to feel like that. What should I do? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You have a boyfriend and you dated a guy who has a girlfriend? It's only gonna end in one word

(Hint: It starts with a D)

Sorry If I wasn't clear but I haven't dated him ever, it's just a friend of his.

ReputationRep:
    Tease or not, that guy doesn't seem to have the right attitude towards women. Did you read his girlfriend's body language when he made those comments regarding you?

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    Tease or not, that guy doesn't seem to have the right attitude towards women. Did you read his girlfriend's body language when he made those comments regarding you?
    If it works for him its the right attitude.

It was my boyfriend and his mate alone when they spoke about this kind of stuff, and I don't think she knows that he would have said stuff like that. She is apparently very jealous etc. which is why I feel bad for her if this is the case.

ReputationRep:
    You should get your boyfriend to talk to him, tell him how uncomfortable it makes you or just ask him to stop. At the very least he's not being a good friend to your boyfriend.

Yeah I could do that, thanks. Do you think there is a genuine attraction or that he's just like that? The latter would bother me less.

When I said the thing about the taking me home joke it was in the sense of accompanying me back to mine

ReputationRep:
    He probably finds you attractive but the important question is would he ever act on it?

Hopefully not, I've never heard of him cheating from my boyfriend,who would probably know, and he's been with his girl for a few years. Probably best to just ignore it and not think about it if he does make future comments. Thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.