Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I find it really hard to find a lunch to eat that isn't really expensive. I'm fussy and don't like brown bread, mustard, tomatoes... the list goes on!

Does anyone have any recommendations?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Is there anything that you do like?

There are tons of recipes you could try out.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by SecretDuck)
    Is there anything that you do like?

There are tons of recipes you could try out.
    There are loads of things I like but I find they always get mixed with things I don't

I love chicken, ham, cheese, pasta etc but am just getting bored of ham and cheese sandwiches every lunch!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by GameofThronesFan)
    There are loads of things I like but I find they always get mixed with things I don't

I love chicken, ham, cheese, pasta etc but am just getting bored of ham and cheese sandwiches every lunch!
    If you like burgers, you can make your own chicken burgers. The sauce can vary - mayo and burger sauce, thousand island dressing or even your own homemade sauces.

Or you can make a salad with the things you love with your own homemade salad dressing. Salads are the best packed lunch IMO.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If you like burgers, you can make your own chicken burgers. The sauce can vary - mayo and burger sauce, thousand island dressing or even your own homemade sauces.

Or you can make a salad with the things you love with your own homemade salad dressing. Salads are the best packed lunch IMO.

Thanks so much, these are both really great ideas and I love the idea of bringing in home made burgers for lunch- everyone will be so jealous!

ReputationRep:
    aha I'm the same as you, I don't like most sauces e.g. mayonnaise, mustard etc but most sandwiches seem to contain them
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Thanks so much, these are both really great ideas and I love the idea of bringing in home made burgers for lunch- everyone will be so jealous!
    No worries

Both of those things make for great packed lunches, much better than eating out.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Tilds1997)
    aha I'm the same as you, I don't like most sauces e.g. mayonnaise, mustard etc but most sandwiches seem to contain them
    That's why homemade sandwiches and salads trump store-bought ones, among other reasons. You can choose what goes in them, including your very own homemade sauces. I generally make a lot of my sauces from scratch - I'm not too crazy about store bought sauces.

ReputationRep:
    How about you buy a loaf of tiger bread, get some honey roaster ham, some lettuce and some salad cream, throw them together and you have an awesome sandwich

ReputationRep:
    That's why homemade sandwiches and salads trump store-bought ones, among other reasons. You can choose what goes in them, including your very own homemade sauces. I generally make a lot of my sauces from scratch - I'm not too crazy about store bought sauces.
    Yeah, I tend to make my own sandwiches and take them to school with me
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Tilds1997)
    Yeah, I tend to make my own sandwiches and take them to school with me
    Same with me, but I make salads and I go to uni

Chicken oriental salad :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Hot Cross Buns with cheese (mature cheddar or brie) in are absolutely amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have access to a microwave? If so you can have soup, or leftovers from dinner the night before. Can also go for rice and sauce or pasta pots. Uncle Bens also do loads of varieties of microwaveable rice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had a Heinz 'the big one' soup and two rolls, sehr locker

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.