Fussy with food- what to eat for lunch?

Watch
GameofThronesFan
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I find it really hard to find a lunch to eat that isn't really expensive. I'm fussy and don't like brown bread, mustard, tomatoes... the list goes on!

Does anyone have any recommendations?
SecretDuck
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is there anything that you do like?

There are tons of recipes you could try out.
GameofThronesFan
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by SecretDuck)
Is there anything that you do like?

There are tons of recipes you could try out.
There are loads of things I like but I find they always get mixed with things I don't

I love chicken, ham, cheese, pasta etc but am just getting bored of ham and cheese sandwiches every lunch!
SecretDuck
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GameofThronesFan)
There are loads of things I like but I find they always get mixed with things I don't

I love chicken, ham, cheese, pasta etc but am just getting bored of ham and cheese sandwiches every lunch!
If you like burgers, you can make your own chicken burgers. The sauce can vary - mayo and burger sauce, thousand island dressing or even your own homemade sauces.

Or you can make a salad with the things you love with your own homemade salad dressing. Salads are the best packed lunch IMO.
GameofThronesFan
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
If you like burgers, you can make your own chicken burgers. The sauce can vary - mayo and burger sauce, thousand island dressing or even your own homemade sauces.

Or you can make a salad with the things you love with your own homemade salad dressing. Salads are the best packed lunch IMO.

Thanks so much, these are both really great ideas and I love the idea of bringing in home made burgers for lunch- everyone will be so jealous!
Tilds1997
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
aha I'm the same as you, I don't like most sauces e.g. mayonnaise, mustard etc but most sandwiches seem to contain them
SecretDuck
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks so much, these are both really great ideas and I love the idea of bringing in home made burgers for lunch- everyone will be so jealous!
No worries

Both of those things make for great packed lunches, much better than eating out.
SecretDuck
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tilds1997)
aha I'm the same as you, I don't like most sauces e.g. mayonnaise, mustard etc but most sandwiches seem to contain them
That's why homemade sandwiches and salads trump store-bought ones, among other reasons. You can choose what goes in them, including your very own homemade sauces. I generally make a lot of my sauces from scratch - I'm not too crazy about store bought sauces.
username1494226
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How about you buy a loaf of tiger bread, get some honey roaster ham, some lettuce and some salad cream, throw them together and you have an awesome sandwich
Tilds1997
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's why homemade sandwiches and salads trump store-bought ones, among other reasons. You can choose what goes in them, including your very own homemade sauces. I generally make a lot of my sauces from scratch - I'm not too crazy about store bought sauces.
Yeah, I tend to make my own sandwiches and take them to school with me
SecretDuck
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tilds1997)
Yeah, I tend to make my own sandwiches and take them to school with me
Same with me, but I make salads and I go to uni

Chicken oriental salad :sogood:
Octohedral
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hot Cross Buns with cheese (mature cheddar or brie) in are absolutely amazing.
DarkMagic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you have access to a microwave? If so you can have soup, or leftovers from dinner the night before. Can also go for rice and sauce or pasta pots. Uncle Bens also do loads of varieties of microwaveable rice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
61.68%
No (64)
38.32%

Watched Threads