Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you support student voting? Take a selfie for the student vote! Watch

ReputationRep:
    The ability for students to swing the general election has been a hot topic in the press - as a student collective you all have the power to decide who will be running our country for the future.

:party::party:

To help power the student vote YOU can make a huge difference by supporting the youth vote campaign. As part of this TSR is putting together some visuals of the community in a photo montage to show that students will stand united!

:grouphugs:

If you're interested in supporting the student vote and being part of this project all you have to do is send us in a photo of yourself to become part of your TSR student community montage!

:tsr:

It will take at least 50 applicants for us to put together this visual so if you are interested in becoming a face for student voting please send your photo in to us, specifications include:

- Portrait or square
    - As high res as possible
    - Headshot/passport style photo – full head is shown in pic
    - Straightforward on face (so full face in view, not sideways or obstructed)
    - Serious/meaningful expression are ideal (smiling is fine just not sticking out tongues etc.)
    - Any file type (jpg, png, gif etc)

To submit a photo please post a thread with your picture attached in our dedicated General election photo submissions forum 2015.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1151

Here some examples of the type of thing we are looking for...

The final day for submitting is Monday 2nd Feb so get snapping!

ReputationRep:
    No Im not really keen - you get a load of undergraduates who live in an area for approx 18 months out of 3 years potentially unseating a MP who's been selected by the people who live in that constituency permanently.

ReputationRep:
    Young people need to have a say in how their country in run no matter which constituency they are living in.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in!

ReputationRep:
    Post your selfie here! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1151

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    No Im not really keen - you get a load of undergraduates who live in an area for approx 18 months out of 3 years potentially unseating a MP who's been selected by the people who live in that constituency permanently.
    Most MPs only live in their constituency as a matter of form, they really live in London and 'keep a house' in the seat, or have two homes in London if they are a London MP. (See: Expenses, overclaiming, scandal of.)

The idea of the 'local MP' is mainly mythical, although they all try to play it hard.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    They tend to represent the interests of students and young people generally though, which are a permanent feature and just as important.

Besides - most people vote on national issues rather than local ones let's face it.

ReputationRep:
    Vote for vella the fella

(Original post by queen cersei)
    the ability for students to swing the general election has been a hot topic in the press - as a student collective you all have the power to decide who will be running our country for the future.

:party::party:

to help power the student vote you can make a huge difference by supporting the youth vote campaign. As part of this tsr is putting together some visuals of the community in a photo montage to show that students can stand united!

:grouphugs:

if you're interested in supporting the student vote and being part of this project all you have to do is send us in a photo of yourself to become part of your tsr student community montage!

:tsr:

it will take at least 50 applicants for us to put together this visual so if you are interested in becoming a face for student voting please send your photo in to us, specifications include:

- portrait or square
    - as high res as possible
    - headshot/passport style photo – full head is shown in pic
    - straightforward on face (so full face in view, not sideways or obstructed)
    - serious/meaningful expression are ideal (smiling is fine just not sticking out tongues etc.)
    - any file type (jpg, png, gif etc)

to submit a photo please post a thread with your picture attached in our dedicated general election photo submissions forum 2015.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1151

here some examples of the type of thing we are looking for...

the final day for submitting is monday 2nd feb so get snapping!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikey_vella)
    Vote for vella the fella
    Do you have any face on photos that you want to submit?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Erm isn't it a 5 year term not 4
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Entered! :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    are the photos allowed to have filters on them? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Erm isn't it a 5 year term not 4
    That is a very good point! I'm not sure why I had 4 years stuck in my head as the last one was five years ago so I looked it up and it is actually has more flex than expected:

Parliament has to be elected every five years at a maximum though elections often take place more frequently, most usually every four years, such as 1979, 1983 and 1987, or 1997, 2001 and 2005.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    are the photos allowed to have filters on them? :ninja:
    Sure I don't see why not!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    That is a very good point! I'm not sure why I had 4 years stuck in my head as the last one was five years ago so I looked it up and it is actually has more flex than expected:

Parliament has to be elected every five years at a maximum though elections often take place more frequently, most usually every four years, such as 1979, 1983 and 1987, or 1997, 2001 and 2005.
    I was under the impression that the government changed that to a compulsory 5 year term to stop people calling elections when it's more favourable for their party to be re-elected?

Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    I was under the impression that the government changed that to a compulsory 5 year term to stop people calling elections when it's more favourable for their party to be re-elected?

Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011
    Cool, I didn't know about this. I did realise that the reason I was thinking of 4 year terms is because I just finished watching The Wire and they go on about it a lot!

ReputationRep:
    "Take a selfie for the student vote" it says next to a posed photo of a model. >_>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    "Take a selfie for the student vote" it says next to a posed photo of a model. >_>
    Send us your selfie and we can use that instead!

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.