Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck between choosing Bath Spa and UWE. I'm not one for massive nights out and I think Bath is a lovely city. I've got offers from both and I want to do the Business and Management with Marketing course at both. Both courses seemed great, both professors seemed great. Accommodation's more expensive in Bath but there's less people which is more me. Unistats says Bath Spa but I'd like to know your opinions as students attending either. This post is on both forums.
    Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would go for UWE if i were in your position. Bristol is a nice city and offers a lot and perhaps you will feel differently later on and will want as much social stuff as possible. I was there for a year and did enjoy it. I stayed in private accomodation in Fishponds, which is a nice quite area nearish the campus. I don't know how easy it is to get to Bath Spa uni from where you want to stay, but let me say that getting the bus to uni everyday can be a rather miserable experience. Apart from halls, there isn't a lot of good accomodation in walking distance from UWE. I did have some gripes with UWE thought, my biggest one was the cursed traffic and the constantly late buses. I think its one of the worst cities in the UK for congestion and public transport is atrocious. So consider how easy it is to get to the uni, plus what you might want in the future.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 27, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.