The Student Room Group

How long to self teach D1 or M1?

I don't have a lot of time so preferably three weeks for either one. Do you think it's possible?
Reply 1
Bump. I need an urgent answer please.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I personally would not be able to cover all of M1 in three weeks but I think it depends if you're a quick learner which I am not :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know about M1 as I haven't done it but you should be able to cover D1- it's pretty easy really and not that much to learn. The main challenge is not dying of boredom.
Reply 4
From what my teachers have said (they've been teaching for 10+ years and are amazing) D1 is pretty damn easy. My teacher said an ex-student learned it in like a day. I've personally not done D1 but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of content, especially difficult content it just doesn't sound that interesting. M1 is very interesting, I really enjoyed it but found it very difficult at first so I wouldn't recommend doing that in a few weeks.
Reply 5
D1 you could do in a week or less
Reply 6
Original post by Hicko
D1 you could do in a week or less

On top of my other subjects, how many hours a day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by TVIO
From what my teachers have said (they've been teaching for 10+ years and are amazing) D1 is pretty damn easy. My teacher said an ex-student learned it in like a day. I've personally not done D1 but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of content, especially difficult content it just doesn't sound that interesting. M1 is very interesting, I really enjoyed it but found it very difficult at first so I wouldn't recommend doing that in a few weeks.

Is m1 and d1 possible in March and April? Kind of doubtful seeing as M1 is quite difficult like you said

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by oneabdi
Is m1 and d1 possible in March and April? Kind of doubtful seeing as M1 is quite difficult like you said

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you mean between now and then, absolutely. If you mean starting in March and ending in April (so 1 month?) I'd say it's very tough but you could do it if you were very dedicated.
Reply 9
Original post by TVIO
If you mean between now and then, absolutely. If you mean starting in March and ending in April (so 1 month?) I'd say it's very tough but you could do it if you were very dedicated.

Starting in March and ending at the start of April so two months?
I dunno if I'll have enough time for exam practice
Reply 10
Original post by oneabdi
Starting in March and ending at the start of April so two months?
I dunno if I'll have enough time for exam practice

You *could* do it in that time, but you've surely got other things to be doing as well? Wouldn't really recommend it but it's possible.
Reply 11
Original post by TVIO
You *could* do it in that time, but you've surely got other things to be doing as well? Wouldn't really recommend it but it's possible.

Sorry I meant at the ending at the start of May. But yeah I have no toher choice but to try, so thanks for the answers!
Reply 12
D1 is ridiculously easy, then again m1 is pretty easy to self teach if you do physics already

Quick Reply

Latest