Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

This is a blog through my AS and potentially A2 years. With going to University etc, you have high expectations to do well. I'll be applying for an Engineering course which requires AAB and i feel with hard work and dedication, i can achieve at least A*A*A.

The subjects i do including my mock results are as follows

Mock results (2015) (All first units)
    Geology: D+
    French: D+
    Computing: U
    Maths: B-

Current working grade (as of present):
    Geology: A-
    French: A-
    Computing: B-
    Maths: A

Aim:
    Maths: A+
    French:
    A+
    Geology:
    A+
    Computing:
    A+

(Will be posting more nearer the exam)

ReputationRep:
    Update 1:

School and Revision in my free periods.

Revision

Revising the Circles topic in C2. Will finish Circles today and move on to Differentiation in C2. Most of my Maths revision will be on C2 and M1 with minimal revision on C1.

Update 2:

School and revision in my free periods including 45 minutes before school.

Revision

Will answer a few French reading past paper. I'll aim for 80% as per usual (8/10 or 7/8 etc). Will get my teacher to mark essays when i get onto them.

Update 3:

Did a past paper for C1 and achieved 70/75 (93%). That'll be my last C1 revision until a week or so before the exams. There isn't really anything to revise in C1, just need to improve efficiency.

Handed in, to my french teacher one of my essays, which i'll be doing every week (hope it doesn't annoy her).

Revising couple of things for Geology, will take me this weekend to finish.

Need to revise binary and HTML for computing which will take me a day, plus exam practice.

No more going out now, only revision as my target grade (AAAA) is quite far from my working grade (BCCD).

Umm you want to do engineering but you haven't done AS physics?..

ReputationRep:
    Update 4:

Did lots of revision this week.

Finished revising Bitmap and Vector graphics, HTML in Computing.

Plan on focusing on Geology during the weekend including a past paper and revision on what we've learnt this and last week.

For Maths, i'll revise M1 intensively maybe this week but definitely next week.

For French, i will get my test back either today or Monday. Areas to work on definitely including Reading and Listening. I intend to do this next week.

Update 5:

Will be doing around 4 hours revision today.

Will finish revising Sound in Computing then go onto something else, not sure.

Will revise M1 using past papers and the Edexcel book.

Also will have to revise somethings for Geology.

Update 6

Plan for the week

This week will be very long. I have a Maths test which consists of parts of M1 and C2. i will need to revise the likes of Trapezium Rule and Dynamics. This test is a half termly test.

For French, i'll focus on my Essay writing as i achieved 25/35 (very generously, more like 21/35) in my Essay which was the highest in my class.

For Geology, i need to revise Igneous rocks for a test this week. i haven't revised Geology, i need to hike it up!! (I didn't)

For Computing, general revise follows, plus exam pratices.

Update 7

Did two essays for French. Will continue revising vocabulary but will concentrate on the Speaking.

For Maths, i'll need to go to a revision session this week to catch up on M1.

Normal revision for Computing (albeit wasn't effective).

For Geology, i'm currently revising it, will finish revising by this week and revise for a test.

Update 8

Will revise Computing largely, today. Then after, do some M1 revision as that's my weakest module, although my teacher keeps going on about how easy Mechanics is.

My current working grades are -

Maths - B-
    French - C
    Computing - D
    Geology - C

Will try to improve maths to get it to a low A by the end of this month.

ReputationRep:
    Update 9:

Today's Maths test demands M1 knowledge which i'll revise today.

Over the half term, i need to revise heavily.

Will keep updated

ReputationRep:
    Update 10:

Will do a C1 past paper and see how i get on.

Will do french essay for my teacher to mark as part of revision.

M1 is getting easier for me (thank god), i will continue to revise that.

Will be mainly doing these today.

Update 11:

Did around 4 C1 tests, whilst averaging around 65/75. It requires improving as 55/75 is an low B. I'll need to get it to >60. But again, i didn't check my answers after answering the questions are it's revision. Will leave C1 until later on around april and focus on the M1.

I'm continuing writing up my notes for Geology as i'm far behind the class. After being up-to-date, i'll write up my notes for the first module.

Will leave French for today, and come back to it tomorrow.

Will do little bits of Mechanics whilst at home.

ReputationRep:
    Update 12:

Did a french mock and got 58/75. Will do more practice, to try and get it to around 65/75 or even better.

I'm doing well for Maths, i knew it'll be my strongest subject. Over a couple of fortnights, i'll be having a maths mock inclusive of C1,2 and M1. Will try to aim for 100, 100, 80 respectively.

For Computing, will revise some topics today, and for Geology, will write some notes.

All in all, a good week and good position. The sun is making Summer nearer, thus, a weird kind of feeling for the exam season. Or at least that's my interpretation of it.

My March goal is to reach AAAB for my subjects respectively.

ReputationRep:
    Update 13:

15th of March

Have my Geology ISA this week. Overly, it contributes 1/5 to grade (60/300), so it can really make my grade. My teacher says the ISAs is where many people drop marks, but i'll ​TRY to secure a high A. Lacking a little behind in class, will make notes this week.

I have a C1 mock this week. C2 and M1 will follow. I sill obviously aim for an A, but wouldn't worry if i just scrap an A. Currently learning Moments, which is the last Chapter of M1, then it remains Binomial Explansions and Geometric Series, then the course is finished.

For Computing, i've done credible revision, but still have MUCH MUCH more to go. Will continue revising.

Nothing new for French, just will continue revising, making good progress.

Current grade:

Computing: C
    French: B
    Maths: A
    Geology: B

ReputationRep:
    Update 14:

Did my first revision M1 test and got 40/75. Although it is bad, it were silly errors. I will aim to print one off today and answer it. 50/75 will be an achievement.

It goes without saying: revision continues.

It's nearly the end of March. Everything is becoming more intense. My target grade for the end of Feburary was AAAB or something around there, but it's much less looking like AABC max

ReputationRep:
    Update 15:

Easter holidays next week. I've asked my tutor if it's possible for me to get into school during Easter to revise. I am currently on "AABC" grade. Hopefully by the end of easter, it'll be somewhere around "AAAC".

Many things to do over easter including

- Finish off Geometric series and Binomial Expansions
    - Finish off Comp2
    - Comp2 test (maybe a week after easter, but the sooner the better)
    - Revise alot of M1 (50/75) will be brilliant
    - M1 mock
    - Possible recap on C1
    - C2 mock
    - Unit 2 mock
    - Unit 1 mock
    - Finish off sedimentary
    - F791 mock
    - General overview of syllabuses

I really enjoy easter, as it is a time to reaclimatise to the exam anticipation, and very few people in school means a better mental focus.

ReputationRep:
    Update 16 (Easter holiday):

28/03/2015
    Revised geometric series and binomial expansions today. Will do some COMP2 work today and tomorrow. Printed many past papers to do over spare time. So, technicaly i've covered all the Maths modules, but some i'm still unfamiliar with are; Vectors (M1), Some parts of Circles (C2), Dynamics and Statics (M1). Mainly M1, and everything else is alright.
    31/03/2015
    Did an M1 paper today and got 49/75. There were 6 silly marks I missed, so my target for the next one I do (probably on Sun), is to achieve 55/75. Refreshed some knowledge in COMP2.
    04/04/2015
    Did a C1 paper and got 74/75 . Will do an M1 paper today and record what i get. Today, just finishing part 2/3 of F793.
    10/04/2015
    Wow. 10th already. I've finished my Geology catchup work and I feel i'm on a low A. Will do some Computing, leaving Maths till next week. AAAB
    End of Easter - AAAC

ReputationRep:
    Post Easter breaker: Update 17:

Did an achieved 55/60 on my F791. Would be very pleased if i got this in my exam.
    Might touch on M1 this well.
    Mainly focusing on French and Comp 1 this week.

Quite a productive week for me, got 69/75 in an easy M1 paper: nonetheless. Got some past papers in plan to do over the next week.

ReputationRep:
    Update 18:

Got FRE2T exam tomorrow; my teacher reckons i can get an A, but i reckon i can get well over an A. My target is 53/60 UMS if everything goes well.

For Comp1, i have to finish arrays, text files, and functions and procedures.

Got a C2 mock tomorrow.

23/04/2015
    Did my FRE2T test day. Was a little dissapointed with myself but that's life. My target is still an A, albeit. I reckon i just scraped an A

ReputationRep:
    Update 19:

Another hardcore week of revision.

Will keep updated

ReputationRep:
    Update 20
    Git 99% in probably the easiest M! paper.
    have to prepare for C! and F791 where i'm expected to get full UMS marks.
    Will update feeling post-exam

ReputationRep:
    Exam Update 1:
    Had my F791 exam. i reckon i got around 75-80/90UMS depending on Grade Boundaries. Will need to achieve 150UMS on next module to have hopes of getting an A. The next module will determine whether i achieve an A or a B. :s

ReputationRep:
    Update 21

Completed a FRET1 past paper without the essay and got 60/75. My goal is to achieve 65/75 which will hopefully get me a good A.
    Will do a COMP2 past paper and mark it.
    May do a C1 if i have the time to.

ReputationRep:
    Exam Update 2:
    Did my official C1 exam and it was, in my opinon one of the harder one. I aimed for 100UMS, but now it seems i will get an 80UMS.
    Need to revise for FRET1 and F792 which are my biggest ever exams: weighing 70% and 50% respectively.

ReputationRep:
    19th of May 2015
    I've got my F792 Geology exam. Really want to aim for 150/150, or anything above .9. Got the exam at 1 so many hours to revise.

ReputationRep:
    Exam Update 3:

Did the C2 exam, and it went ok. Probably just scrapped an A.
    For my F792 exam, it went ok aswell, reckon i got 80/100, which should give me, overall a B which i'm content with.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.