Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I just looked it up and was rather surprised with the answer. Won't cheat and say it though.
    LOL I hope it's the same answer as I've always been taught

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    is it famous?

its a civil war init?
    Something along those lines. Look at the post saying England, Scotland and Wales, without Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    is it between england and scotland? that william wallace war? (since youre scottish)
    Popularly held to be between Scotland and England (realistically there were Scots on both sides). And no it's not something to do with the Wars of Independence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Popularly held to be between Scotland and England (realistically there were Scots on both sides). And no it's not something to do with the Wars of Independence.
    thats the only england, scotland war i know.... and only because of mel gibson..

ReputationRep:
    thats the only england, scotland war i know.... and only because of mel gibson..
    It was the last battle of the last Jacobite Uprising in which the deposed house of Stuart attempted to regain the throne.

ReputationRep:
    It was the last battle of the last Jacobite Uprising in which the deposed house of Stuart attempted to regain the throne.
    hmm......(smurfs in head not working) who won then?

ReputationRep:
    If you're giving that type of clue may I please say culloden?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    !!! is it culloden?

edit: never heard of it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Certainly monsieur The Battle of Culloden fought in April 1746
    Tsk did you lost never do history at school? All this talk of William Wallace made me think of history.
    Why did it surprise you btw Sire? Oh and you can go next if you want.

ReputationRep:
    hmm......(smurfs in head not working) who won then?
    Ummm, well the Scots would be happier if the outcome had gone otherwise put it that way

ReputationRep:
    Tsk did you lost never do history at school? All this talk of William Wallace made me think of history.
    yeha but they never taught us that...only thing i could remember is battle of hastings in 1066...when harold was shot in the eye by an arrow some women had knitted onto a piece of fabirc...

ReputationRep:
    Was surprised that it was so long ago really, and the fact that when I saw what it was, I missed the relevance of linking it to my last question. *smiles* I loved history by the way.
    Question - How did Harold supposedly die at the battle of Hastings?

ReputationRep:
    Ummm, well the Scots would be happier if the outcome had gone otherwise put it that way
    hehe, so is after that war when the uk was formed?

ReputationRep:
    yeha but they never taught us that...only thing i could remember is battle of hastings in 1066...when harold was shot in the eye by an arrow some women had knitted onto a piece of fabirc...
    Well that sucks. I guess you get the next question by default lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Was surprised that it was so long ago really, and the fact that when I saw what it was, I missed the relevance of linking it to my last question. *smiles* I loved history by the way.
    Question - How did Harold supposedly die at the battle of Hastings?
    read my post before your question..

edit: hehe sorry!!

ReputationRep:
    read my post before your question..

edit: hehe sorry!!
    No fear Your turn I believe.

ReputationRep:
    hehe, so is after that war when the uk was formed?
    Union of the Crowns occured in 1603, but the UK wasn't formed until 1707 IIRC. James the 6th became King of both countries in 1603, but they weren't joined immediately.

ReputationRep:
    ok staying with history...

when JFK was in power in 1962, what event changed the relationship of the world forever?

ReputationRep:
    Union of the Crowns occured in 1603, but the UK wasn't formed until 1707 IIRC. James the 6th became King of both countries in 1603, but they weren't joined immediately.
    hehe you know alot of scotland!

ReputationRep:
    ok staying with history...

when JFK was in power in 1962, what event changed the relationship of the world forever?
    Bay of Pigs invasion - Cuba.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.