Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for Chem Eng at Bath.
    Predicted Grades AAA (Maths,Chemistry,Physics)
    Are these grades a bit low to receive offer?

Anyone with offer from Bath with predicted AAA?

Bath site contains the following statement:
    "Please note that attendance at one of our Department Open Days is by invitation only. We will normally invite everyone who applies to us to come and visit the Department"

Has anyone received an invitation to visit at end of feb or early march, without currently holding an offer from Bath Chem eng or is it only offer holders who receive an invitation to visit department?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offerseeker)
    Still waiting for Chem Eng at Bath.
    Predicted Grades AAA (Maths,Chemistry,Physics)
    Are these grades a bit low to receive offer?

Anyone with offer from Bath with predicted AAA?

Bath site contains the following statement:
    "Please note that attendance at one of our Department Open Days is by invitation only. We will normally invite everyone who applies to us to come and visit the Department"

Has anyone received an invitation to visit at end of feb or early march, without currently holding an offer from Bath Chem eng or is it only offer holders who receive an invitation to visit department?

thanks
    Well you meet their typical entry requirements and I've seen people with AAA predictions get offers for Bath ChemEng. What did you get at AS?
    I think it's only offer holders that receive an invitation since it's an offer holder open day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcanum96)
    Well you meet their typical entry requirements and I've seen people with AAA predictions get offers for Bath ChemEng. What did you get at AS?
    I think it's only offer holders that receive an invitation since it's an offer holder open day.

AS results were:

MATHS A
    CHEMISTRY A
    BIOLOGY A
    PHYSICS B

ReputationRep:
    AS results were:

MATHS A
    CHEMISTRY A
    BIOLOGY A
    PHYSICS B
    When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcanum96)
    When did you apply?
    Applied end of November:

Currently holding offers from:
    Manchester (Top Choice at the moment)
    Nottingham
    Newcastle
    Loughborough (visiting/interview 4th Feb)

Hope to get offer from Bath and make final decision between Bath/Manchester. Loughborough as insurance.

Any opinions on relative merits of Bath or Manchester?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your input

Hope you get your top choice!

cheers

ReputationRep:
    Applied end of November:

Currently holding offers from:
    Manchester (Top Choice at the moment)
    Nottingham
    Newcastle
    Loughborough (visiting/interview 4th Feb)

Hope to get offer from Bath and make final decision between Bath/Manchester. Loughborough as insurance.

Any opinions on relative merits of Bath or Manchester?

thanks
    Hopefully you will get your decision very soon, from the sounds of it you should stand a reasonable chance in obtaining an offer from Bath. Since you applied fairly near to Christmas break time when admissions would've been off perhaps that's why it's taking more time? (Just a suggestion not really sure.) It took me a month to hear and I applied late Oct.
    Doing well at either Manchester or Bath will stand you in good stead, both are recognised in having very strong ChemEng departments. One thing I commonly hear which people like about Manchester opposed to say Bath is that for an industrial placement you can get your MEng in 4 years at Manchester opposed to say 5 at Bath. However I know that Bath on average have more success typically in obtaining industrial placements for their students than Manchester. But again this is to do with placement years, not sure if that's something of interest to you.
    Bath and Manchester will be also pretty different places to be a student in, so I think factoring in which place you feel suits you better, for me, would be how I would base my decision. Like I said earlier both are great unis to study ChemEng from and if you do well at either I would expect you will have similar opportunities made available to you regardless of which one you pick.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your input

Hope you get your top choice!

cheers
    Thanks! Good luck to you too with your applications, hope it all goes in your favour!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.