Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have recently received offers form the University of Liverpool and Goldsmiths in London but I cant decide which one to pick. Does anyone have any advice or experience on these unis or which one to choose, I can think of reasons for both
    Liverpool
    Better course,Higher ranked uni,Cheaper,Closer to home
    Goldsmiths
    Opportunity to live in London- nightlife, things to do etc More work experience and opportunities in LondonStill a decent uni, however pirce may be an issue
    please helppp

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I would pick Liverpool. It's obviously going to be cheaper while you're at uni, but also, if you intend to stay near to where you went to uni after you graduate then it's still going to be cheaper.

If you went to London, and intended to stay in it or nearby when you graduate then rent/mortgage prices are going to be extremely high after you graduate (seriously, have you seen house prices down south, it's ridiculous), you'd get much better value for money in or around Liverpool.

Secondly, there are more job opportunities in London, but there's also lot's more people applying for them. Jobs are competitive everywhere, but even more so in London because everyone wants to have the experience of fast-paced, high class, modern life in the capital. Unfortunately, what people think they'll experience, and what they actually experience aren't always the same.

While you're at uni, you say that Liverpool has a better course, and the uni is ranked higher, which could put you in a better position for graduate employment.

Liverpool has good nightlife, obviously not as good as London, but there's 3 uni's in Liverpool (Uni of, John Moores and Liverpool Hope) so it's not exactly a ghost-town at night and there's also plenty of things to do in and around Liverpool. If you get bored of the nightlife and things to do, or just fancy a change, Manchester is a short train ride/drive/bus ride away.

Lastly, drinks prices are loads cheaper in Liverpool compared to London, another great reason to stay up North! (Especially when you're a student)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.