Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I am a bit upset..look the title.

My application was sent 14th Jan, so it is likely that most of unis haven't read that yet? (applied for one of the most competitive courses/unis)
    As I am international applicant, the earliest decision is the better, but I am wondering if that is not contraproductive? (asking)

Overall I am confident on getting in, however what if there would be some problems with my application? (I mentioned one uni faculty where I worked on project - (that is obviously true) but I guess not everyone from that faculty knows (as its huge - multiple departments) - so what if UK uni contact them and they would not approve that at first?) Will they contact me in this situation? Or should I contact the uni I worked on and tell them, there is a possibility...? Perhaps getting verification paper and send it additionally to UK unis? Don't know....what do you think?

Thank you for advice!!

ReputationRep:
    I think you're just worrying too much. If they need any additional information then they'll get in contact with you.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I wouldn't email them. The earliest decision is better for everyone but unless you've got a very urgent reason I wouldn't recommend emailing them they'll be very busy at the moment,

ReputationRep:
    Universities can (and do) take months to make decisions. After 13 days, you can hardly complain of being kept waiting for ages, and by sending it on the day before the deadline you were practically guaranteeing that there would be a bigger pile of applications to get through before they got to yours. There is nothing to be gained from emailing them, other than annoying the very people who will be deciding on whether or not to give you a place. They have all your information and have had masses of experience in deciding who to take. Leave them to it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I'm an international student as well. Submitted my application on 15th Oct for one of the competitive courses and have received 3 decisions so far.
    I think patience is the key as of now and they'll email you or message you in case of the uni portal for additional details to be submitted by a deadline.
    Till then, we gotta wait even though it is so hard to!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.