Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

First time I have ever used a forum, so apologies if this has been answered.

I am currently planning on returning to full time study in September 2016. I want to study therapeutic radiography. I know this is a funded course, with a small bursary, but I will still need to earn an extra income for the first two years.

I have tried contacting unis and looking online for timetables, but with no luck. Is anyone that is currently studying Therapeutic Radiography in either Cardiff or Birmingham City University able to give me a rough idea of how many hours you study per week?

I am wondering whether I can fit a part time job in one or two days a week, or will it need to be evenings and weekends? I will have better employment prospects if I can work during the normal 9 - 5 at some point and then do my university course work/ independent study on an evening or weekend.

Thanks for you help,
    Gemma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghemmie)
    Hello,

First time I have ever used a forum, so apologies if this has been answered.

I am currently planning on returning to full time study in September 2016. I want to study therapeutic radiography. I know this is a funded course, with a small bursary, but I will still need to earn an extra income for the first two years.

I have tried contacting unis and looking online for timetables, but with no luck. Is anyone that is currently studying Therapeutic Radiography in either Cardiff or Birmingham City University able to give me a rough idea of how many hours you study per week?

I am wondering whether I can fit a part time job in one or two days a week, or will it need to be evenings and weekends? I will have better employment prospects if I can work during the normal 9 - 5 at some point and then do my university course work/ independent study on an evening or weekend.

Thanks for you help,
    Gemma
    Not sure if this is a long shot, and I know you haven't mentioned Sheffield Hallam specifically, but I believe they do Therapeutic, I went to an open day for Diagnostic and they discussed at length the committment required and a typical timetable which they showed is a copy of.

As as I say, it's a long shot but since you are well in advance for 2016 maybe you could email them and ask if they have a sample timetable for Therapeutic so you can plan ahead?

ReputationRep:
    I am doing Radiography in London, but initially have same lectures as RTs. This link is for 2015 RTs applicants, ask them. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2974149&page=5

There r 2 types of timetables 1. lots of lectures till Spring & then placement 2. a taster of a months clinical experience in the 1st 6 months of starting - so quicker to drop out if you don't like it.

Asking for timetable as suggested is good idea. You could go to an Open Day & ask a student to email or take a USB stick with you.

You could fit in Weekend work, but more likely exhausted if on placement. There will be blank days in a week when you have lectures, though variable.

Could you apply now & try Clearing?
    I know a student got hired by her placement site & she worked there during summer holidays.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.