Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeroy)
    take notes, record on to tape, listen whilst re-reading the notes

hasnt failed me yet
    i used to do that...but i hate my voice, it really irratated me so i stopped. hehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graffis)
    NON-REGULAR DIPLOMA. I believe that's how they call it. You need permission from the guys hig-up in Cardiff or sth like that. Out of 44 there are 9 (i think) people this year in my class who take that course. Imagine that one guy has all sciences on HL and maths on HL as well, and he wanted to take 7th subject :eek: But then the coordinator told him his already wierd enough and to cool down a bit .
    Now seriously, you CAN take all three sciences but as mentioned you need permission to do that. In our school it's been practiced every year from the begining (ca. 1991), so there;s no problem with that. But then 80 lab reports are something you don't forget easily .

There is someone in my year that takes 7 subjects, he takes 3 languages, english, portuguese and french, but to do that you have to be very hard working, and as you can see from my other posts i didnt even consider it....at the beginning of the IB we allowed to take 4 highers, to see which one we want to bring down to standard, did that for a while, but it was too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    This is how I revise and what I have been doing in the last few years for anything that requires learning factual information: Reread my notes, rewrite them but condensing them, look at past papers and plan them if not writing them under timed conditions. Finally read sections of the textbook on anything I'm hazy about. I don't bother with colour pens and revision cards although they are helpful if you require motivation!
    thats exactly what i do..unfortunately only did it for physics and maths when i was motivated before the exams..now im being lazy and cant be bothered to do it for economics nor computer science..bt the method works..(well did for physics at least)

ReputationRep:
    The "Blue Bible" for bio and "Green Bible" for chem, when memorized cover to cover, will give you a 7 on the IB test, guaranteed. Use associated notes and syllabus if you want more info or don't understand a topic. For history I looked over my war and leader charts and notes on the cold war. For English.. eh, what can I say about English? Just BS stuff lol. For Math, in my case HL, study of past tests and their markschemes seemed to be the best revision technique, because you see many of the problems and types of problems they like to use. Spanish doesn't need studying. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    how can you do physics, chemisry and biology?!
    My cousin did all 3 at higher, but not as "non-regular" she took 7 subjects in total, 2 language, maths higher, 3 science,and geography- But I agree, it is weird only some schools let you do it, ours won't but you can take 3 languages...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graffis)
    NON-REGULAR DIPLOMA. I believe that's how they call it. You need permission from the guys hig-up in Cardiff or sth like that. Out of 44 there are 9 (i think) people this year in my class who take that course. Imagine that one guy has all sciences on HL and maths on HL as well, and he wanted to take 7th subject :eek: But then the coordinator told him his already wierd enough and to cool down a bit .
    Now seriously, you CAN take all three sciences but as mentioned you need permission to do that. In our school it's been practiced every year from the begining (ca. 1991), so there;s no problem with that. But then 80 lab reports are something you don't forget easily .
    Not to mention that fact that the very same coordinator tried to oppose my taking all the sciences at HLs when I visited him two years ago. He said I won't manage. Finally he broke. When he saw my predicted grades after that first year he had nothing against my changing English A2 to HL.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.