Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm really confused. I went to open an account today but she kept talking about a unconditional offer. But all I have received is conditional offers. Can you not open a student account until you've either been offered a unconditional offer or got your exam results?
    I thought you could get one as soon as you selected your firm choice but idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shayle144)
    I'm really confused. I went to open an account today but she kept talking about a unconditional offer. But all I have received is conditional offers. Can you not open a student account until you've either been offered a unconditional offer or got your exam results?
    You can't open one until results day when you have a confirmed place - an unconditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    They usually want to see the letter from UCAS confirming your place in August after you get your results.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, what the other two people have said. When I opened my account, I had to take along a UCAS letter confirming that I am starting uni in September. There's no rush to opening a student account right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    They usually want to see the letter from UCAS confirming your place in August after you get your results.
    (Original post by tg0896)
    Yep, what the other two people have said. When I opened my account, I had to take along a UCAS letter confirming that I am starting uni in September. There's no rush to opening a student account right now.
    Thank you! but what happens with your student finance because when you apply won't it all be in your previous account?

ReputationRep:
    Your student finance won't arrive until September/October ...

ReputationRep:
    Your student finance won't arrive until September/October ...
    But when you apply, i assume you put your bank details in? Or am i wrong

ReputationRep:
    You can update the bank details online later.

ReputationRep:
    You can update the bank details online later.
    Okay. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    You can open an under 18 bank account like most students do.

(Original post by shayle144)
    I'm really confused I went to open an account today but she kept talking about a unconditional offer. But all I have received is conditional offers. Can you not open a student account until you've either been offered a unconditional offer or got your exam results?

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering the same thing actually.
    So if you're planning on opening a student account you just put any old account details in and then update in summer? Seems a bit pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EconFan_73)
    I was wondering the same thing actually.
    So if you're planning on opening a student account you just put any old account details in and then update in summer? Seems a bit pointless.
    No, you leave the bank details blank on the application, and add them once you've opened your student account.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Lloyds, I think do (or did) let you open one early. You need your UCAS welcome letter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Lloyds, I think do (or did) let you open one early. You need your UCAS welcome letter.
    They used to have an "Early Student Account" but it's not on their website any more. The remaining "Student Account" seems to want proof of a uni place like the rest.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.