Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

does it saddens you to see your dad grow old? watch

ReputationRep:
    My dad is 64 and i believe aging has taken its effect on him. He looks really old now and he is having back problem that prevents him from walking normally. He is also getting forgetful recently. I just feel downhearted to see the man i grow up with in this state.

ReputationRep:
    My dad is almost 50, it doesn't sadden me that he's growing older though.

If anything it motivates me to start earning a decent salary, settle down with a wife and have kids.

Then he can retire with my mum and look after the kids

I can't imagine anyone likes seeing their parents get old. My parents are older than most so i've been faced with this since I was little. :moon:

Yeah it is hard seeing your parents grow older, especially when their health deteriorates.
    Neither of my parents have reached 50, but I still find it sad lol..it's like when you're really young and you start thinking about them dying - so upsetting. (Morbid, sorry)

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a little, although my parents aren't thaaat old just yet.

ReputationRep:
    My mum yes because she's got health problems.
    My dad no, he's only 40.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amylouisenic)
    Yeah it is hard seeing your parents grow older, especially when their health deteriorates.
    Neither of my parents have reached 50, but I still find it sad lol..it's like when you're really young and you start thinking about them dying - so upsetting. (Morbid, sorry)
    Dear God, nobody was thinking about their parents dying until you said it:cry:

(Original post by King Leonidas)
    Dear God, nobody was thinking about their parents dying until you said it:cry:
    Haha, I'm sorry! :cry2:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Yep it's not a nice thought at all.

My dad is 66 and my mother is 65, and the thought that they're creeping closer to the inevitable scares the crap out of me.

To be honest, it scares the crap out me that I'm inching closer to the inevitable, but I guess at 31 I hopefully have a long way off that. It's just that time seems to pass so fast these days. I feel like I'm still in my mid-twenties, and then I remember that I'm not.

By the time I'm 60 though my daughter will be 39 which is a very weird thought.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    My Dad is in his mid 40s and is divorced (to my mum)and I dont like him because he's not a good father to me in my opinion and how he treats me and my siblings. the older we have got the further apart we have got so yes its hard to be losing my dad in more than one way than one.

I was 6/7 when they divorced so Ive never really known any different as thats the earliest age i can remember
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah it upsets me seeing both of my parents getting older.

I literally could not ask for better parents, they've given up so much for me just to have a better life and all they want in return is for me to be happy. I don't know what I'd do without them.

ReputationRep:
    My old man is nearing 50 now and I gotta say that it's weird to see him going grey, but he's also growing wiser so it's not all bad.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, it makes me sad because both of my parents are in sound health conditions but it's sad seeing them forget things because of them getting older, i'll have to repeat something 5/6 times over a few days sometimes before they'll remember what i've told them

ReputationRep:
    My daddy passed away last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    I can't imagine anyone likes seeing their parents get old. My parents are older than most so i've been faced with this since I was little. :moon:
    The answer is to be a Clint Eastwood and be born with an old face, so as time goes on, you look the same.

ReputationRep:
    Not my dad, but my mum she turns 60 this year (though she has brilliant skin she doesn't look it! hope I inherited her skin ) and she has an abundance of health problems. I do worry a lot about her, and sometimes I can't help but think she may be going out the door sometimes within the next ten years. It's brought me to tears on more than a few occasions.

ReputationRep:
    My dad is 65 and has no problems thank God. I don't feel sad when he gets old but I feel sad that one day he won't be here its harsh but true... I love my dad. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My dad died over 15 years ago. Enjoy the time you have with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    Yep it's not a nice thought at all.

My dad is 66 and my mother is 65, and the thought that they're creeping closer to the inevitable scares the crap out of me.

To be honest, it scares the crap out me that I'm inching closer to the inevitable, but I guess at 31 I hopefully have a long way off that. It's just that time seems to pass so fast these days. I feel like I'm still in my mid-twenties, and then I remember that I'm not.

By the time I'm 60 though my daughter will be 39 which is a very weird thought.
    I think having children causes time to pass even faster; or generally, the busier you are (with job, family, etc), the faster time goes by.
    I'm in my mid-twenties and I'm really worried by the thought of mortality.

ReputationRep:
    Even as your dad grows fat and old remember that he was once a young man who liked girls and had the same struggles.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.