Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm applying to uni to study English and American studies. The school has a list of subjects on their web I will have to take and every subject has a list of set text I will be required to read.

I estimated the number of books and pages I will have to read and I nearly fell of a chair.
    It's 77 books (almost 21000 pages) per term.
    The books are non-fictional and in English. English is not my mother tongue mind you.

I'm wondering how would you deal with this?
    I'm thinking about practising skimming perhaps but what if there is a question about a little detail in an exam?

Thank you for your suggestions in advance.

Read some of them before you go to uni - will take some of the pressure off in the first few weeks and then can try and always be a little bit ahead with what you're meant to be reading. Otherwise skim read, read summaries off the internet (obviously only reputable sites where the information will be correct!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.