Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello over time i have noticed many people who bullied me or generally are very unkind share the characteristics of confident,unkind,popular,not afraid to insult others,selfish. I often walk half way home as I am targetted by some people and kind of picked on I walk past as I don't want anything to do with them. I feel like people love to put you down and threaten to fight you when you mean no harm I am fed up of people supporting rude remarks and those who say what hurts the most. I am just angry as I feel liek I am always picked on and I never hurt anyone or fight I never fight I think it is low class to solve things undiplomat like only intelligent people solve things verbally those who have something called class. I am not trying to ofend anyone but do you agree with the characteristics of what I think a bully usually is.

ReputationRep:
    There are several ways to go about bullies, some better than others
    - Following procedure such as a school behaviour policy and nagging people in authority to stop bullying can work
    -Confronting the bullies although not a preferred method for shy individuals may go some way to resolve bullying and can help figure out why they bully
    -Get someone you know who is bigger than them to 'have a word' with them
    -Ignore them; in theory they should eventually give up, not always the case however

As of the characteristics they share, I do agree bullies tend to be the 'popular' people, which is weird because it shouldn't be that way, but it just is...

Hope my advice helps :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonRN)
    There are several ways to go about bullies, some better than others
    - Following procedure such as a school behaviour policy and nagging people in authority to stop bullying can work
    -Confronting the bullies although not a preferred method for shy individuals may go some way to resolve bullying and can help figure out why they bully
    -Get someone you know who is bigger than them to 'have a word' with them
    -Ignore them; in theory they should eventually give up, not always the case however

As of the characteristics they share, I do agree bullies tend to be the 'popular' people, which is weird because it shouldn't be that way, but it just is...

Hope my advice helps :-)
    Thank you but I don't really have friends which I do not mind and again thank you fro replaying I thought no one would.

ReputationRep:
    Some prefer their own company and that's fine, however it is useful to have somebody you can turn to in times of need, because sometimes ones own self cannot always figure out the best way to deal with things or do it on their own.
    Happy to help!
    PM me if you ever need advise or a chat :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonRN)
    Some prefer their own company and that's fine, however it is useful to have somebody you can turn to in times of need, because sometimes ones own self cannot always figure out the best way to deal with things or do it on their own.
    Happy to help!
    PM me if you ever need advise or a chat :-)
    Thank you I don't mind it anymore I used to but I come to terms that it is better to be alone then in company with the wrong people. I have different interests from others I guess I am an old soul as I get on with much much older people as I enjoy intelligent conversations about science,politics no one my age cares about things like science and what capital city is of a certain country for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria1812)
    Hello over time i have noticed many people who bullied me or generally are very unkind share the characteristics of confident,unkind,popular,not afraid to insult others,selfish. I often walk half way home as I am targetted by some people and kind of picked on I walk past as I don't want anything to do with them. I feel like people love to put you down and threaten to fight you when you mean no harm I am fed up of people supporting rude remarks and those who say what hurts the most. I am just angry as I feel liek I am always picked on and I never hurt anyone or fight I never fight I think it is low class to solve things undiplomat like only intelligent people solve things verbally those who have something called class. I am not trying to ofend anyone but do you agree with the characteristics of what I think a bully usually is.
    First see if you can change your situation by speaking to those around you who look after your wellbeing; parents, teachers etc. There's also lots of charities available especially if you are under 18.

But, I would say that on the whole, bullies target those who are vulnerable or who are outcasts. I think you will need to change your persona somewhat to avoid bullies, this means trying to gain some sort of respect from them in someway. The way I've done it in the past is to "become friends" with each person you meet in class, work or where ever. When you see someone you know say hello and try to engage in some small talk.

And really try and stand on your own two feet, so people will realise that you aren't such a target. Boosting your self-confidence would be great for this, perhaps pick up a sport or hobby, try a martial art, go to the gym etc. This is about giving you a mental advantage rather than a physical advantage, always try and avoid physical conflict.

And finally, if the situation doesn't change in the short term, remember it will in the long term, you can choose to move schools / college / work if you want to and move somewhere else. Think positively, things can get better .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.