Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Luckily I passed my driving test the very first time. And, now I've chosen to do Pass Plus which obviously will be hard... But I'm feeling pretty nervous about it since I'll have to take a few more lessons after passing. I don't know why.. Just wanted to as anyone who's done Pass Plus how was your experience, how did you find it? And, is it scary? Luckily, there's no test involved, but still I feel a bit... scared.

ReputationRep:
    I did my Pass Plus a few weeks ago and it's nothing to worry about at all! It was actually quite informal, I felt pretty relaxed through it. I did it 4 months after passing my test as I wanted my instructor to see how my driving had developed and if I had picked up any bad habits (which I had).
    I completed mine in one day and I asked to mainly focus on motorways. There are sections that need to be completed like city/town driving, rural areas, motorways and I had to do some maneuvers. It was nothing to worry about. I hadn't done a parallel park since my test and it was a complete fail but I didn't worry about it as it didn't affect much.

I found it very useful and I would recommend it, but it's nothing like your usual driving lesson as there is nothing like a test at the end so there is no panicking involved as you can't really fail or anything. Hope this helps
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by 786asma)
    Luckily I passed my driving test the very first time. And, now I've chosen to do Pass Plus which obviously will be hard... But I'm feeling pretty nervous about it since I'll have to take a few more lessons after passing. I don't know why.. Just wanted to as anyone who's done Pass Plus how was your experience, how did you find it? And, is it scary? Luckily, there's no test involved, but still I feel a bit... scared.
    I wouldnt bother doing it. Its not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    If you only want to lower insurance then you're right. If you want to do it for some extra tuition and guidance on motorways regardless of money, then I'd say its invaluable.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by dhr90)
    If you only want to lower insurance then you're right. If you want to do it for some extra tuition and guidance on motorways regardless of money, then I'd say its invaluable.
    You can quite easily get someone (e.g. parent, other family member, boy/girl friend or someone else you trust) to go on the motorway with you for practice.
    And the rest of the stuff you do in lessons anyway.

ReputationRep:
    You can quite easily get someone (e.g. parent, other family member, boy/girl friend or someone else you trust) to go on the motorway with you for practice.
    And the rest of the stuff you do in lessons anyway.
    Pretty much this.

And instead of spending the £160 or whatever it costs, you could just spend £40 and get another two hours with your instructor on Motorways.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.