Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heya, most questions im ok with, but i think the spanish is a bit for a barrier to me for this one

Could anyone give me a transation? that would be awesome

Reward: plus rep and eternal gratitude
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    3.18 – In \mathbb{R}^3, we consider a straight line r, a half-plane \pi whose boundary is the line L, and a shape \mathbb{F} contained in the half-plane \pi. The shape of revolution of \mathbb{F} around L consists of the shape obtained by performing on \mathbb{F} all rotations of an arbitrary angle \theta around the same axis L.

Considering the axis r=OZ as line of revolution, show that:

(a) the shape of revolution of a line parallel to L is a cylinder.

(b) the shape of revolution of a line secant to L is a cone.

(c) the shape of revolution of the half-parabola which cuts the axis L perpendicularly at its vertex is a paraboloid.

(d) the shape of revolution of the half-ellipse which touches L perpendicularly is an ellipsoid.

(e) the shape of revolution of the half-branch of the hyperbola which touches r perpendicularly is one leaf of an elliptic hyperboloid (of two leaves).

(f) the shape of revolution of a branch of the hyperbola with axis perpendicular to L is an hyperboloid of one leaf.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 28, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.