Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

Any advice would be appreciated as I am in a bit of a dilemma!

Been volunteering at (a very) local secondary school to gain experience since September.

When applications opened applied to only school in commutable distance with a vacancy who were very interested. Found out that school I had been volunteering at had applied for late allocation for me so withdrew application at other school.

Fast forward to now and still no news on the place. They seem very optimistic but won't confirm anything until they get confirmation of funding.

Beginning to reconsider my options and have contacted the other school who do still have a place but want my word that I am serious before proceeding which is fair enough.

Other school teaches subject more suited to my skill set but will mean an earlier start every morning and I have a 5 year old.

Volunteer school teaches things less suited but has scope for me to create schemes of work more suitable and of course I know all the staff and have a relationship with the students but have no idea if and when they will confirm the training place. Also beginning to wonder whether working so close to home could prove problematic.

Also volunteer school offers PGCE whereas other school only QTS

What would you do?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.