The Student Room Group

She was out partying until 6am on the day we were meant to have our date...thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

You seem like such a sweet guy! Don't ever change that way.
But it's only the second date , don't lose your cool over this.
I would have reported her to the CIA by now

She has so many redflags, she is probably a member of the Communist party

Seriously, you should next her
Seems like an honest mistake, probably just seems worse because you made a lot of effort to make it happen. If it happens again (or something similar) then don't date her.
p.s. Don't say retarded as an insult please!
Do you know where she lives and could you drop the flowers round for her? Telll her you were going to give them to her when you saw her, and now she's ill she needs them even more.
It will probably make her see that you are into her, and if she's not that interested, she'll say (not right there hopefully!) and if she is still interested, she'll try to make your next date. I don't think she's really done anything weong, but I know it's horrible when people change plans, especially if it seems like they're almost to blame for the reason they give (hangover, too tired etc.)
Original post by Musie Suzie
I do see why you're annoyed that you weren't able to go on the date, and understand that her accepting a lift from strangers undermined your impression of her as a sensible girl, so I get where you're coming from.

However, it was her friend's birthday; she may have intended to only stay out long enough to make her friend happy and be fresh for you, but got carried away/persuaded by her friends to stay.

How do you know she was out till 6am? Did she explicitly say so or was that just when she texted?

I wouldn't take it as an indication of her feelings for you, though if anything it probably means she does like you as she agreed to the date even though she must have known her friend's birthday was coming up, but still wanted to be able to see you the next day despite a potential hangover.

As for her perceivably making more effort for her friends than you while ill - well, duh. They've been around a lot longer and done much more for her than you have. You can't expect a girl to prioritise you over her friends, especially so early on.

See her again at a more convenient time and go from there. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think this sums it up, as I couldn't find anything to say to the guy.
Those "My type" ones are the ones that always disappoint.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dude she nailed one of those guys, hence why she doesn't want to see you.
To be honest, I wouldn't want to date somebody who would drop celebrating the birthday of an established friend to go and meet a random guy for a second date ... ?

Just get over it and reschedule, or if it bothers you so much do the girl a favour and don't. It's simple.
Original post by Anonymous
So this girl I'm dating knew that we had a date 1 week in advance. Our schedules are both pretty busy so Tuesday was the perfect day for us to meet. This would be our 2nd date. It was going to be a really basic date like the cinema, I got some lush sweets and chocolate the day before, and I even bought her pink & blue orchids to give her at the end of the date. I also had to cancel volunteering arrangements (wouldn't do it again) to make time for the date.

ANYWAY ... I had been increasingly looking forward to the date. We text every day, and nothing has ever come up that appears to have been a 'red flag' for me in terms of the type of girl she is. She's a smart girl, good looking, she seems my type.

The night before our date she mentioned she was going out because it was one of her friend's birthdays. It's quite a normal thing to hear because she is a social person. She mentioned she was feeling ill but wanted to go out anyway. I was fine with it until the next day when we were texting, and she mentioned that she and her friend got a lift home with some random guys. She said she regretted it and realized how stupid and dangerous it was, but I see that as a character flaw, in the fact that she took the risk at all. It's such a retarded thing to do. Luckily she was safe.

She then mentioned that she was still feeling ill, so I suggested that we could re-schedule the date to another day. She said that we may have to, and sorry for messing me around. I made it sound like I was ok with it, but not exactly pleased...

BUT do you know what? I'm pissed off.

- How did she manage to go out with her mates when she was ill, but not do the same for me?

- Why did she stay out until 6am on a day that she knew we had arranged to meet?

- Anyone who cared would maybe get an early night and not want to smell of alcohol.

- Why would she take the risk of getting a lift from strangers, especially because it was her and her friend and no guys to look after them if it went tits up?

Am I over-reacting here?
Thoughts please! :angry:

Calm down, Vesuvius, you had one date and it sounds like she's not overly worried about a second. Being this emotionally invested over flaking on a second date reflects worse on yourself than her.

Chill out and go see a movie with your friends or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending