Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    In December, they changed my medication because it had stopped working. I then had to get it changed again because it gave me depression and suicidal thoughts.

I was warned by the GP who prescribed me the medication I currently take, that I will either hate it or I will love it. I've spoken to a lot of people who are on it and have heard (as GP claimed) a lot of mixed views.

The following week, I was due to play a gig with my ukulele club and I noticed that my concentration had gone, which I'd put down to lack of sleep. (medication gives me insomnia) It didn't help that someone was singing the wrong lyrics badly right in my left ear.

Went back to see GP for more medication and explained that it's making sleeping really difficult and that I've started taking it earlier in the day. The box says to take it at night. GP then tells me it says online that it should be taken at night to start off with, although she did say that might be for patients with epilepsy. (not what I'm taking it for)

I've noticed more and more recently that my concetration and memory and have started going and I'm sure my speech / thought patterns and generally organising words has started goinng too. I have a head injury, which really doesn't help me at all. I know in part that my concentration issues aren't helped because my hearing is way too sensitive.

So, is there a way of improving my concentraction and memory? I've been told that there's nothing else they can really put me on. Everything else they can put me on, they have done. It's either not worked, or left me with some really unwated side effects.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2015
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.