Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anis98)
    Me and my best friend have just stopped speaking..and I literally feel like a bit of my has died.

Im a boy, and shes a girl, and weve spoke constantly for an entire year..and when I say constantly I mean 24/7. We know EVERYTHING about each other and I have the utmost faith that she wont spill any secrets.

Recently she started speaking to this other guy..shes a big flirt, but this guy and her started getting serious. She took on this whole new attitude; we used to argue in the past, but she always used to calm me down and try sort it..since this guy came along, shes started saying "whatever I really dont even care anymore"..shes basically started having this really half hearted approach to our relationship.

Just now, we had probably our biggest argument ever..and you could CLEARLY tell she really wanted to end things. I'm tired of begging her to come back aftwr numerous arguments, and shes tired of me getting so angry.

Im not going to go into details of everything, but she was the only person In the world I could trust..even my parents and me have a crap relationship. I dont want to try and win her back..but is there a way I can get over this? Ive been crying SO much recently because of our arguments and now that shes gone, I literally feel like I've been played because she always used to say things like "I would never leave, I love you, your my world" etc.

I dont mind giving more details if need be; But I want to know why did she suddenly change her attitude to me? Why did she say all them things that got right to my heart when clearly it wasnt the same for her? Am I too attached? (Keep in mind shes said A LOT to me regarding how much she loves me etc).

Most importantly..how am I meant to deal with seeing her in school? How can I stop crying as of this moment in time? Someone please help me?

Sorry for the essay but I needed to get it out..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe she needs space, maybe now she seems to be getting serious with this guy it is a burden for her to try and help you all the time. The harsh reality is sadly people change when they meet someone. Do you know what keeps making you angry? maybe she is getting fed up of you being angry (I don't mean that in a horrid way) Maybe try and talk to her again, it would be a shame to throw away what seems a good friendship.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice..the only thing is Im back at school now..and she seems to be absolutely fine, like she doesnt even acknowledge Im there and shes hanging around with people she knows I dont like..and meanwhile Im here reading back over our conversations and crying every single night.

Another friend told me I should at least be a bit angry but I dont feel mad at all..just crazy hurt, disappointed and upset.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice..the only thing is Im back at school now..and she seems to be absolutely fine, like she doesnt even acknowledge Im there and shes hanging around with people she knows I dont like..and meanwhile Im here reading back over our conversations and crying every single night.

Another friend told me I should at least be a bit angry but I dont feel mad at all..just crazy hurt, disappointed and upset.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Stop reading over the conversations I think you're making it worse for yourself x

ReputationRep:
    Jump

ReputationRep:
    Me and my best friend have just stopped speaking..and I literally feel like a bit of my has died.

Im a boy, and shes a girl, and weve spoke constantly for an entire year..and when I say constantly I mean 24/7. We know EVERYTHING about each other and I have the utmost faith that she wont spill any secrets.

Recently she started speaking to this other guy..shes a big flirt, but this guy and her started getting serious. She took on this whole new attitude; we used to argue in the past, but she always used to calm me down and try sort it..since this guy came along, shes started saying "whatever I really dont even care anymore"..shes basically started having this really half hearted approach to our relationship.

Just now, we had probably our biggest argument ever..and you could CLEARLY tell she really wanted to end things. I'm tired of begging her to come back aftwr numerous arguments, and shes tired of me getting so angry.

Im not going to go into details of everything, but she was the only person In the world I could trust..even my parents and me have a crap relationship. I dont want to try and win her back..but is there a way I can get over this? Ive been crying SO much recently because of our arguments and now that shes gone, I literally feel like I've been played because she always used to say things like "I would never leave, I love you, your my world" etc.

I dont mind giving more details if need be; But I want to know why did she suddenly change her attitude to me? Why did she say all them things that got right to my heart when clearly it wasnt the same for her? Am I too attached? (Keep in mind shes said A LOT to me regarding how much she loves me etc).

Most importantly..how am I meant to deal with seeing her in school? How can I stop crying as of this moment in time? Someone please help me?

Sorry for the essay but I needed to get it out..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She sounds like a b***** and I think you got a lucky escape if she wants to end things with you. I love novels and having read so many I can predict how this is going to go:
    You get over her
    Become more confident
    Get new friends
    Maybe even a girlfriend
    She gets dumped by the guy
    She comes running to you saying she's sorry
    You tell her that whatever relationship you had is over
    And you walk away

ReputationRep:
    That cheered me up slightly..but how often does real life end up like the novel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Right firstly I dont believe u guys r just best friends. . I mean u guys clearly fancied each other without openly saying it.

Give her time Some people like and respect other giving them time but other like the other person ti beg for them back.. try the new approach and give her space. People realise ur worth.. n if they dnt then clearly you move on

Ways to move on... ive seen this in movies flush a picture of her down the toilet after rpping it into peices. . It'll make u feel better..

I have to ask you a major question: HOW CAN YOU EVER TRUST SOMEONE WITH KNOWING EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU!? How?

Thats such a risk

Advice: never trust anyone... yiu never kniw what theylll do

ReputationRep:
    I might have liked her..but I dont think she liked me..it just wasnt like that. She used to tell me about other boys she liked and things like that, I find it kind of hardnto believe she'd have liked me.

And I dont trust anyone else, I dont even speak to anyone else..somehow we just ended up pouring our hearts out to each other.

As for the giving her space thing, Im torn between "If it's meant to be, it'll happen" and "If you want it, go get it"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.