AS English Literature Coursework HELP! Watch

username1767295
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey I really need help on my English Literature Coursework on Much Ado About Nothing! My question is The clown figures contribute mostly to the comedy but without them the serious issues of this play wouldn't be realised. To what extent do you agree with this view?' PLEASE HELP ASAP!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you
Serine Soul
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
My coursework question is different and on A Midsummer Night's Dream but its related to comedy nevertheless

Make up 3 arguments for your statement and 3 arguments against.

As your question relates to clowns, explore the ways in which the characters are portrayed as clowns (through stage directions, dialogue and costume). Regarding the serious issues, pick out pivotal phrases from their dialogue/ stage directions which portray them as remarkably insightful. Natural fools are a popular aspect of comedy and look up the characteristics of a natural fool on the internet if you haven't done so already.

For your counter argument, talk about other aspects of comedy within the play such as carnivalesque, the Greenworld, the grotesque and subversion and incongruity. Talk about the roles of other characters in the play too in generating comedy.

If you want some AO3 marks, talk about clowns from other Shakespeare plays.
For example, the natural fool Bottom in A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Hope this helps!
username1767295
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by enaayrah)
My coursework question is different and on A Midsummer Night's Dream but its related to comedy nevertheless

Make up 3 arguments for your statement and 3 arguments against.

As your question relates to clowns, explore the ways in which the characters are portrayed as clowns (through stage directions, dialogue and costume). Regarding the serious issues, pick out pivotal phrases from their dialogue/ stage directions which portray them as remarkably insightful. Natural fools are a popular aspect of comedy and look up the characteristics of a natural fool on the internet if you haven't done so already.

For your counter argument, talk about other aspects of comedy within the play such as carnivalesque, the Greenworld, the grotesque and subversion and incongruity. Talk about the roles of other characters in the play too in generating comedy.

If you want some AO3 marks, talk about clowns from other Shakespeare plays.
For example, the natural fool Bottom in A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Hope this helps!
Thanks I'll see what I can do good luck with your coursework
username1767295
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by TSR Jessica)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you
Thanks I'll check it out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (15)
38.46%
I really love the subject (13)
33.33%