Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'll be going to Reading Festival for the full event with my friend this year.
    It's our first festival, and we're both a little nervous about it.

Can any of you offer some tips or advice for us on how to survive?

ReputationRep:
    hi!

I went to leeds for the first time last year and it was amazing!! I went with a group of about 10 friends (we were 17 with 1 18 year old) and it was our highlight, are there an specific questions you want answering?

ReputationRep:
    I went in a group of 8 last year (all aged 18/19). It was our first festival as well. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend. A few tips...if you are planning to drink a bit try and do all your food/drink shopping all in one as you don't want to spend your time walking to and from tesco.

Hand sanitizer, black bags and a little trolley are essentials.
    Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Put it this way...I enjoyed reading more than my first girls holiday. Such an awesome atmosphere!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    -Don't keep all of your money in one place. Keep some in your bag, some in your pocket, maybe some in a sock (sounds ridiculous but who's looking to steal money from socks?). You're not likely to be robbed, but if you are, it's good to know you've not lost it all.
    -Don't leave chairs outside your tent while you're nowhere to be seen
    -Figure out who you want to see, what stage they'll be on and what time they play before you start your day
    -For the love all things, take hand sanitizer
    -Use the portaloos as few times as you physically can, mornings are preferred
    -Finding your tent at 3AM isn't as easy as you might think
    -Mosh pits are actually a really easy way to get around the crowd
    -Don't forget to eat/drink

ReputationRep:
    i went on my own when i was 16 its great fun, just try and make friends with the people next to you no matter if thats by your tents or watching a band just chat away to people. no one is not going to talk back, ( most of them are on drugs anyway )

ReputationRep:
    water and plenty of it!! That is the advice people keep giving me, you need to stay hydrated especially if the weather is hot and you are drinking I am also going to my first ever festival this summer. I was also advised to bring a sleep mask because the sun can come up at 5-6am, shine through the tent and disturb your sleep. Also maybe have a flag or something noticable to put on your tent. Imagine coming back in the dark, possibly a little tipsy and walking through a field of identical tents, might be easier to know for definite which is yours by having a flag stuck to it or something that makes it look different than the others. Bring sunscreen, waterproof ponchos in case it rains heavily, bring hand sanitizer and your own wipes because I hear the toilets are disgusting!!

ReputationRep:
    Selling discounted Leeds Fest tickets - in partnership with the festival (so if you buy them through me, there is no transaction fee- hence the discount)

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants a reading ticket, pm me, I have one spare!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.