Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I purchased 150g of smoked Salmon yesterday, put it in the freezer, now I have the urge to eat it, so I took it out, to defrost.

But I have no idea how I should go about eating it.

can I eat it raw ? I am keen on frying it but I don't want to ruin it, it has about 30g of protein that I want to digest.

Any advice ?

I have had salmon before but I never prepared it myself. :confused:

no you don't cook smoked salmon. You could eat it with cream cheese and crackers with lemon juice on top.

Make a garlic, herb and lemon marinade and then cook the salmon in that. Cut it up once heated and put it in a salad. It's delicious.

I wouldn't have frozen it personally - fresh smoked salmon = delicious, but defrosted raw fish sounds less so.

Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels are a good classic, as is just the salmon and a bit of salad and lemon squeezed on top. I think the only time I've had it cooked was in spaghetti carbonara to replace the bacon - it was nice, but seemed a bit of a waste knowing how delicious it is without cooking.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.