Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Weird/funny/embarrassing things you did as a kid watch

ReputationRep:
    Title is kind of self explanatory. What weird or embarrassing things do you remember doing when you were a kid? Or the sort of things that make you look back and laugh?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much everything I did before the age of 13 I regret.

ReputationRep:
    I used to think that if you paused/stopped a movie then all the actors would have to stay permanently locked in that position until the time when you came back and replayed it..seriously

ReputationRep:
    I read somewhere that Rhona Mitra (the first Lara Croft model/actress) used to put on a saree; cut up dogfood into chunks, stick cocktail sticks in them and walk around with on a tray when her parents had guests round.

ReputationRep:
    Dry humping a male friend for thrills aged 8/9 :hump2: no homo

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...do I really want to share? These were when I was really young...

My mum remembers, and has told this story on occasion, that there was this bully girl on the slide, and I got a cookie and, I was apparently like, "would you like a cookie?" and then, like, shoved it in her mouth, and she ran away and cried. I don't remember it, to be honest. But it happened, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    When I was about 4 I was scared of fire extinguishers. Not long after starting school I was taken out of assembly for doing something (can't remember what exactly), and I cried because the teacher dragged me past a fire extinguisher that was on the wall. I think I tried to resist as well because I didn't want to go past it , the teachers thought I was scared of being taken to the head's office.

During reception year the fear disappeared. To this day I have no idea what caused that fear in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    My mother told me that when I was a baby I always humped this pillow, and she took me to the doctor who said it was OK. Of course it was OK for ****'s sake.

I had so much energy as a child, I could never do that again. Damn.

ReputationRep:
    - I used to have a weird habit of sniffing almost every thing.

- I also used to like eating lip balm and toothpaste [not together]

- I'd talk to myself a lot [still do that now :/].

- Whenever me and my younger brother were given a packet of sweets, I'd would eat all mine straight away whereas my little brother would save his for later. I'd then go up to him and say "Do you want to play a game?" and he'd say "Yes". Then I'd say something along the lines of "Okay we're astronauts in space and your bag of sweets is our energy source". He would be so reluctant to give up his sweets but I was quite manipulative and would emotionally blackmail him into giving me his sweets by pretending to get upset / angry at the fact that he "wasn't playing properly"

ReputationRep:
    I was so terrified of bees that even if I read a book and a cartoon of a cute, fuzzy looking bee was in it, I would have to run to the toilet and wash my hands so hard my skin would crack afterwards. I done the handwash thing from about 3 until 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    My mother told me that when I was a baby I always humped this pillow, and she took me to the doctor who said it was OK. Of course it was OK for ****'s sake.

I had so much energy as a child, I could never do that again. Damn.
    Lol, that reminded me of this video:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammeyouareyou)
    Lol, that reminded me of this video:

Hahahahaha :lol:

Yep, that was me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Dry humping a male friend for thrills aged 8/9 :hump2: no homo
    Yo was this consensual?

ReputationRep:
    hmm... when i was around 8 or 9 i had a crush on this boy and i thought it would make me more attractive if i rolled up my t shirt like it was a crop top. We were playing outside with some other kids at the time and i remember my mum asking me to come in for a second, and gently telling me that it was inappropriate to expose my belly like that. At the time i wasn't particularly embarrassed that my mum caught me trying to impress a boy (i don't think she realised what i was doing though), but when i look back now, i laugh at how cute and silly i used to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    Yo was this consensual?
    Yup :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yup :woo:
    Erm how close you must have been...

Much homo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    Erm how close you must have been...
    In truth we didn't really understand what it was we were doing. These were innocent times. His parents discovered us doing it, and freaked out :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I also used to collect twigs off the ground in winter and put them in jars of water and put them on the windowsill at home. Not dead sticks, but live twigs with buds on them that had fallen off trees. They'd usually just get a few small nice green leaves opening before dying off, at which point I'd throw them away. I guess I was just fascinated with the look of the twigs and the leaves. Still a pretty strange thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    In truth we didn't really understand what it was we were doing. These were innocent times. His parents discovered us doing it, and freaked out :laugh:
    As if they caught you and everything haha. Poor kids.

ReputationRep:
    I **** myself in Year 2, ended up having to wear some pants from lost property for the rest of the day.
    Also, a girl asked me to our end of year dance thingy in Year 5 and I was so scared I ran away.

Good times.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.