Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Both courses interest me but I'm struggling to see the difference between them. Is one more competitive than the other? Is one more respectable than the other? Also, I hope to get into politics, so which one would apply best? I'm really stuck between the two :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Check the course pages for applicants vs first year students to work out which one's more competitive. They'll both be equally well-respected, and you can get into politics with either degree. (I'm guessing you're thinking of think tanks or something, right? Because of course you can become a politicians with any kind of background.)

Best to look at the pages for the modules and imagine which ones you'd rather spend a large amount of your time on. That said, I think you get two outside options for Government in your first year, so you could basically do Politics and Philosophy by choosing two outside options in the philosophy department. There's also the option of switching course once you're here, so don't worry too much about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.