Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student finance term address watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    On the application form it ask for my term address and I don't know where that will be, since I'm moving into halls? What do I put?

Also, I clicked "max maintenance loan" what does that mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to student finance at the moment so I can help a little I hope.

You can skip it for now and add it in later, same with bank account (if you are going to open a student one).

For your second question, I wondered that too but then again its always best to try and get as much as you can.
    Hopefully someone else will know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmEchelon)
    Also, I clicked "max maintenance loan" what does that mean?
    Everyone is entitled to a minimum Maintenance Loan. By clicking the max Maintenance Loan option, your household income will be assessed to see whether you qualify for more than the minimum. The extra is awarded on a sliding scale. Students from the lowest income households will get the most. Those near the income threshold will get a little. Households above the threshold will mean that the student gets nothing more than the minimum.

Your parents (or the adults in your household) will be contacted by SF to give their income details.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Everyone is entitled to a minimum Maintenance Loan. By clicking the max Maintenance Loan option, your household income will be assessed to see whether you qualify for more than the minimum. The extra is awarded on a sliding scale. Students from the lowest income households will get the most. Those near the income threshold will get a little. Households above the threshold will mean that the student gets nothing more than the minimum.

Your parents (or the adults in your household) will be contacted by SF to give their income details.
    When my parents support my application do they need to make a separate account on student finance? Or just click "support a student" on my one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thestranger11)
    I'm applying to student finance at the moment so I can help a little I hope.

You can skip it for now and add it in later, same with bank account (if you are going to open a student one).

For your second question, I wondered that too but then again its always best to try and get as much as you can.
    Hopefully someone else will know.
    I did skip it, but I you won't be able to send off the application without it will you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    if you don't know your term time address, leave it blank and you can add it later when you do know it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmEchelon)
    I did skip it, but I you won't be able to send off the application without it will you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes you can, I've already submitted my application, most students wont know their term address this early on anyway. Its easy to add in later on as you are just changing you're personal details.

When you click support my application it makes you're parents create a separate account yes, one for each parent. (unless you have brothers or sisters that have submitted a student finance application before)

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    Just been on the phone to student finance, the very nice lady told me that I can just put in my home address and submit my application, then when I find out my address I can amend it on my online account

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.