Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Attendance Is Bad - How Much Do Colleges/Sixth Form care? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i'm in my GSCE year (Yr 11) and this year has been the worst year for attendance by far... To start of the year I missed 2 weeks as i was abroad due one of my family members being seriously ill. Once I returned I caught a 'viral infection' which caused me to miss 3-4 days of school. Just now recently I missed an entire week due catching 'seasonal flu' which left me in bed due to symptoms. My attendance is really low, it was 83.6% before I missed the entire week, however I did notify the school during the period of illness so I don't know it it counts as authorised absence.

I want to apply for sixth forms such as 'Valentines', 'Loxford' and such and was wandering how much they care for attendance. Would they accept me if i achieve good grades or will they look at my attendance and say.. no. Please give me advice i don't know what to do, my attendance is stressing me out as it's one of the most crucial times in my life.

I have to apply for 6 colleges by the end of the week, will they give me an interview if apply and will they let me justify my attendance or not?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about the colleges you are applying for but normal colleges don't have a problem provided that the school was notified of your absence. You could always contact them via email or a phone call and enquire

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.