The Student Room Group

Attendance Is Bad - How Much Do Colleges/Sixth Form care?

Ok so i'm in my GSCE year (Yr 11) and this year has been the worst year for attendance by far... To start of the year I missed 2 weeks as i was abroad due one of my family members being seriously ill. Once I returned I caught a 'viral infection' which caused me to miss 3-4 days of school. Just now recently I missed an entire week due catching 'seasonal flu' which left me in bed due to symptoms. My attendance is really low, it was 83.6% before I missed the entire week, however I did notify the school during the period of illness so I don't know it it counts as authorised absence.

I want to apply for sixth forms such as 'Valentines', 'Loxford' and such and was wandering how much they care for attendance. Would they accept me if i achieve good grades or will they look at my attendance and say.. no. Please give me advice i don't know what to do, my attendance is stressing me out as it's one of the most crucial times in my life.

I have to apply for 6 colleges by the end of the week, will they give me an interview if apply and will they let me justify my attendance or not?
I don't know about the colleges you are applying for but normal colleges don't have a problem provided that the school was notified of your absence. You could always contact them via email or a phone call and enquire :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending