Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can we learn to stop making everything about race? watch

ReputationRep:
    Recently I saw a headline about a 16 year old 9th grader who attacked his elderly teacher over the fact that the teacher seized his phone. I clicked on the story going in to read it with no assumptions whatsoever. I read through it about how the student knocked the guy to ground and all I could think about was the fact that our education system has gone to **** and the morality level of young adults and kids are at an all time low.

Going further down to the comments, most of them were talking about the fact that they knew, even before they clicked on the story that the boy was black. I was beyond exasperated. The race issue is a very sensitive subject. Why does everything have to be about race? Why couldn't the comments focus on the fact that what he did was wrong and he should be punished for it? Some of them talked about poor upbringing and some linked poor upbringing to mainly the black community.

Yes the black community has some issues they have to deal with within themselves. We are becoming something of a nuisance to the world today. With our downfall in always blaming everything thing on racial discrimination instead of taking responsibility. Some of the comments even stated that this is the part Al Sharpton doesn't want the world to see but if it is a white on black they would cry foul and I agreed. During the Michael brown, Antonio, Eric case scenario I was beyond pissed with blacks. They did not want to hear the full story and even when evidence came out saying some witnesses statements were false they refused to back down. Especially with the Brown case where even today i don't think we know the full story.

Even with all that, my point is why do we stereotype races and make assumptions? Some of the comments were even giving statistics about how blacks make 10% of the population but have been proven to commit 47% of crimes. If that is a fact that then well like I stated before the black community needs to put a leash on the new generation and tell them to sit up. But if we are going to make assumptions then the next time a white guy walks into the cinema or my little cousins nursery school I should brace myself and start to make assumptions.

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of crime has to do with poverty and since black people are generally more poor then yes I would expect more crime from them.

But I like the point of your thread I'm sick of hearing about race to be honest.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jazjaz)
    I think a lot of crime has to do with poverty and since black people are generally more poor then yes I would expect more crime from them.

But I like the point of your thread I'm sick of hearing about race to be honest.
    The black people I know (I am black as well) are all firmly middle class - never really seen a poor black person up here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    The black people I know (I am black as well) are all firmly middle class - never really seen a poor black person up here.
    Black communities in America have always been poor due to systematic opression and inequality, racism etc. Thus, they obviously create a larger crime demographic than white people as they are generally better off in comparison to the African American population.

The same kind on applies in Britain, except it we must change the term African American to black britons of Carrebian descent, for pretty much the same reasons as I've described above. Generally, more wealthy black people in Britain are from African countries such as Nigeria, Ghana etc and not the Carrebian. There is nothing inherritanly violent about the nature of black people, it's just the systematic opression of them has lead to them having to live in poorer areas and having to commit crime to survive etc.

ReputationRep:
    The argument that black communities are 'oppressed' and that this high crime rate and low economic/scientific output is the result is simply not the case. It's the same in practically every black community across the world.

It should be expected with an average IQ one standard deviation below most other demographics in America, except for Mexicans........... who have similar if not worse statistics regarding this matter. But at least Mexicans make awesome food and sexy women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnCrichton89)
    The argument that black communities are 'oppressed' and that this high crime rate and low economic/scientific output is the result is simply not the case. It's the same in practically every black community across the world.

It should be expected with an average IQ one standard deviation below most other demographics in America, except for Mexicans........... who have similar if not worse statistics regarding this matter. But at least Mexicans make awesome food and sexy women.
    You are assuming that IQ tests are fair when they are not. You can use statistics like that to justify anything. Black women have the highest rate of college enrollment in all of America. Does that make them the smartest? You said Mexicans have awesome food and women but Black women don't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Black communities in America have always been poor due to systematic opression and inequality, racism etc. Thus, they obviously create a larger crime demographic than white people as they are generally better off in comparison to the African American population.
    If you consider that most high paying management work is somewhat reserved for people with an IQ of 120+, which is widely accepted as the lower boundary, and reconcile with the bell curve of African Americans IQ you see that well paying jobs are shut off to them.

That's were Affirmative Action comes in, whereby companies are forced to hire an under qualified black man.......
    Many demographics have went to America and thrived academically, and they started with nothing more than (if not less than) the African Americans of today and yesteryear. Stop blaming everyone else for their underachieving and crime rate.

ReputationRep:
    Why not post a link to the video, so people can see for themselves that it isn't about race for themselves?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=707_1422145360

ReputationRep:

You do realise that is the upper class people that commit the most crimes in society today but we just don't hear about them because they have the money to cover themselves up so the matter of the fact is not jut because of poverty.

ReputationRep:
    If you consider that most high paying management work is somewhat reserved for people with an IQ of 120+, which is widely accepted as the lower boundary, and reconcile with the bell curve of African Americans IQ you see that well paying jobs are shut off to them.

That's were Affirmative Action comes in, whereby companies are forced to hire an under qualified black man.......
    Many demographics have went to America and thrived academically, and they started with nothing more than (if not less than) the African Americans of today and yesteryear. Stop blaming everyone else for their underachieving and crime rate.
    I can assure you that this is because of their position in society. Racism in America was still happening in the 60s, That's what- 55 years ago? Not that long ago mate. You are saying that black people are intellectually inferior to whites which is total non sence. It has every single thing in the world to do with inequality. Go and compare the average IQS of African Americans living in middle class white suburbs and compare them to African Americans living in the "Ghettoes". You'll obviously see the difference- this is also the case with white people. What you are trying to say is essentially that whites are intellecutally superior to blacks, which you back up with an IQ test that does not take enviromental factors in account. Flawed argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German123)
    You do realise that is the upper class people that commit the most crimes in society today but we just don't hear about them because they have the money to cover themselves up so the matter of the fact is not jut because of poverty.
    Yes that's a very good point crime and corruption by the elites/rich is acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    You are assuming that IQ tests are fair when they are not. You can use statistics like that to justify anything. Black women have the highest rate of college enrollment in all of America. Does that make them the smartest? You said Mexicans have awesome food and women but Black women don't?
    Personal preference regarding the sexiness of black women and tastiness of African food, to my mind, Mexicans win hands down.

Also college enrolment doesn't equate to achievement.

Refusing to acknowledge the difference in IQ being a mitigating factor means making this the status quo while you go looking for someone to blame for their under achieving.

Same story different country, black communities under achieve...... blame racism. The shrugging off of any social responsibility is also common.

ReputationRep:

The same kind on applies in Britain, except it we must change the term African American to black britons of Carrebian descent, for pretty much the same reasons as I've described above. Generally, more wealthy black people in Britain are from African countries such as Nigeria, Ghana etc and not the Carrebian. There is nothing inherritanly violent about the nature of black people, it's just the systematic opression of them has lead to them having to live in poorer areas and having to commit crime to survive etc.
    What about the Japanese imprisoned and systematically oppressed during wartime USA, or the Chinese systematically oppressed in America before that, or the Indians systematically oppressed by a systematically oppressive caste system enforced by an oppressively systematic British colonial empire, and I'm pretty sure the Jews haven't had a smooth modern history yet a disproportionate number fall into a high income bracket.

ReputationRep:
    I can assure you that this is because of their position in society. Racism in America was still happening in the 60s, That's what- 55 years ago? Not that long ago mate. You are saying that black people are intellectually inferior to whites which is total non sence. It has every single thing in the world to do with inequality. Go and compare the average IQS of African Americans living in middle class white suburbs and compare them to African Americans living in the "Ghettoes". You'll obviously see the difference- this is also the case with white people. What you are trying to say is essentially that whites are intellecutally superior to blacks, which you back up with an IQ test that does not take enviromental factors in account. Flawed argument.
    Many demographics went through worse and thrived, the most persecuted and hated demographic on the planet at the moment are probable the Jews....... persecution does not drive down your IQ.

Also I never said white people are superior, just that there is a IQ disparity that has to be noticed. You could argue that blacks are equally capable, but don't benefit from the education system because they learn differently.
    Which wouldn't be a bad argument.

Or you could cry racism and vlame everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Yes that's a very good point crime and corruption by the elites/rich is acceptable.
    How? Why should they have this privilege from the non rich people? That is purely injustice.

Of course the media will portray as if crimes have nothing to do with the upper class people because they have the money hence it would not make sense for them to steal or commit other similar crimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParasiteRex)
    What about the Japanese imprisoned and systematically oppressed during wartime USA, or the Chinese systematically oppressed in America before that, or the Indians systematically oppressed by a systematically oppressive caste system enforced by an oppressively systematic British colonial empire, and I'm pretty sure the Jews haven't had a smooth modern history yet a disproportionate number fall into a high income bracket.
    War doesn't count. Japanese weren't imported from Japan and forced to work on cotton fields and neither were the Chinese who came to America by choice. Look at India now- 1/3 of the population don't have acess to toilets so your example is WRONG, also due to the fact that yet again Indians were opressed but not enslaved. The IQ of Indians who came by choice to Britain and those in India differenciate ALOT. Indians aren't even in the top 50 of IQs per country, YET this is different in British Indians. Jews have managed to assimilate and unlike the other ethnic groups you've mentioned could always "pass" for white and had bred with native european populations, meaning they could live similar to the natives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German123)
    How? Why should they have this privilege from the non rich people? That is purely injustice.

Of course the media will portray as if crimes have nothing to do with the upper class people because they have the money hence it would not make sense for them to steal or commit other similar crimes.
    I never meant that I think it's acceptable... What I meant is society sees it as acceptable by turning a blind eye.

ReputationRep:
    I never meant that I think it's acceptable... What I meant is society sees it as acceptable by turning a blind eye.
    Yes, agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Many demographics went through worse and thrived, the most persecuted and hated demographic on the planet at the moment are probable the Jews....... persecution does not drive down your IQ.

Also I never said white people are superior, just that there is a IQ disparity that has to be noticed. You could argue that blacks are equally capable, but don't benefit from the education system because they learn differently.
    Which wouldn't be a bad argument.

Or you could cry racism and vlame everyone else.
    Don't say JEWS. It's a specific group of jews known as ASHKENAZI jews whom are jews that live in Europe by choice. They weren't captured as slaves, but wanted lives in Europe and had very strong work ethic to survive. This is why they are dispoportiantly presented in many aspects of the world such as the recievers of nobel prizes. But remember its ASHKENAZI jews, which are essentially european jews, that had assimilated and had the drive to survive in europe. TOTALLY DIFFERENT to the black situation.

ReputationRep:
    Personal preference regarding the sexiness of black women and tastiness of African food, to my mind, Mexicans win hands down.

Also college enrolment doesn't equate to achievement.

Refusing to acknowledge the difference in IQ being a mitigating factor means making this the status quo while you go looking for someone to blame for their under achieving.

Same story different country, black communities under achieve...... blame racism. The shrugging off of any social responsibility is also common.
    I don't appreciate what you said about black women at all if you like Mexicans that's your choice but you don't have to throw black people under the bus. I'm not saying college enrolment means achievement but what I'm saying is that you can use statistics to justify your own opinion. When they test IQ they are people who have different socio economic background so how can you compare them? The IQ test should only be done between people who have had the same education and upbringing otherwise it is unfair. Black communities under achieve for a number of reasons racism is one but also the socialization of Black people is a major factor I highly doubt you've studied this so you should before you want to judge black people.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.