Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Was just wondering if anyone is studying this course already? If so what is it like as it looks interesting! Also for anyone who's applied to it too!

Im also thinking about applying for Cranbourne house, if anyone is here already: how much smaller is the Value sized rooms? And what's the atmosphere like

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eg135)
    Was just wondering if anyone is studying this course already? If so what is it like as it looks interesting! Also for anyone who's applied to it too!

Im also thinking about applying for Cranbourne house, if anyone is here already: how much smaller is the Value sized rooms? And what's the atmosphere like

Thanks!!
    Hey eg135!

I am currently in my first year at Bournemouth where I am studying Marketing Communications! I am absolutely loving the course! All of the lecturers and seminar tutors are so friendly and helpful and the course is so interesting too! So far the course has covered loads of aspects of marketing including fundamentals, consumer culture, buying behaviour, market research, advertising, PR, creating brands/adverts, externalities, emerging trends, multi-media and popular culture. And this is only the first year! I am really looking forward to the next few years!

Was there anything else you wanted to know about the course? I would be happy to answer any questions you have!

I am not living in Cranbourne but I have been a lot and it is great! The rooms are a good size, one of my friends (who spends almost all of her student loan at New Look!!) even has enough space for all of her clothes and one other advantage is that you get an en-suite!

Hope this has helped!

Chris

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thank you so much!

Yeah I'm going to go to the applicant day on the 18th February, really excited about it as last time I visited I didnt get much time to look around the town. Is there anywhere I should go? I was juts going to wander around the town centre and see the beach etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eg135)
    Ahh thank you so much!

Yeah I'm going to go to the applicant day on the 18th February, really excited about it as last time I visited I didnt get much time to look around the town. Is there anywhere I should go? I was juts going to wander around the town centre and see the beach etc
    Hello,

My name is Gemma and I currently study at BU so thought I could tell you a little about where to go on your applicant day!

Definitely go down to the beach because its one of the main attractions to Bournemouth! While you are there you can also watch the crazy people doing a zip wire from the pier to the beach (I say crazy because it is clearly still very cold outside!) The beach is lovely and sandy and a great place to chill out. There is also a couple cocktail bars on the beach which offer fantastic views.

While in town you should also have a walk down lower gardens. Its right by the beach and is a pathway between the beach and shopping centre. While walking there your see a beautiful green park, with people playing crazy golf and lounging around. There is also a hot air bloon in the park! In hotter months this place gets really busy and lots of people go down for an ice cream.

While in the centre you might want to pop into a few shops as there are loads of high street brands including Topshop, River Island, Primark and many more. This would also be a good time to just walk around and spot all the different clubs (Your get to know these clubs very well if you come to BU!) Try and look out for clubs such as Lost Gardens, Bonsai, Halo, Cameo, Sakura, Walk about, Yates, BarMe.. etc.

If your looking for something to eat while here there are many places to go from weather-spoons to tapas. If you have a sweet tooth why not try out Sprinkles which is a desert restaurant (and so good!)

I hope this has helped and enjoy your applicant day.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask

Gemma

ReputationRep:
    Ah great, i'll make sure to do that! Bournemouth sounds so nice

Also one other question, will there be buses running from the train station to Talbot Campus on the applicant day (18th Feb)?

Thank you
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by eg135)
    Ah great, i'll make sure to do that! Bournemouth sounds so nice

Also one other question, will there be buses running from the train station to Talbot Campus on the applicant day (18th Feb)?

Thank you
    Hi there,

Great to hear you're coming to an Applicant Open Day! You'll be able to catch the U1 to Talbot from outside Dorchester House on Holdenhurst Road, which is opposite the train station. It's free by the way! You'll be getting an email with all the information nearer the time, which will have a map of where to catch the bus. Hope that helps!

Katie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eg135)

Thanks!!
    I'm applying to the same course!!!
    Just got my offer this morning 😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lipslikemorphine)
    I'm applying to the same course!!!
    Just got my offer this morning 😀
    Ahh well done! Are you going to the applicant day?? I couldn't find anyone also applying to the course this year, glad Ive found someone else too!! 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eg135)
    Ahh well done! Are you going to the applicant day?? I couldn't find anyone also applying to the course this year, glad Ive found someone else too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, i won't be going, simply because i went last year when i applied
    Are you going?

I will be going fairly soon though to make a final decision on accommodation since i don't totally remember what everything looks like,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eg135)
    Ahh well done! Are you going to the applicant day?? I couldn't find anyone also applying to the course this year, glad Ive found someone else too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha, i was just about the message you saying hi, when i realised that you applied for the same course as me (on the uni connect section)..only to realise you were the same person, guess we are the only ones so far/

ReputationRep:
    haha, i was just about the message you saying hi, when i realised that you applied for the same course as me (on the uni connect section)..only to realise you were the same person, guess we are the only ones so far/
    Im sure there will be others!! Will see when I go to the applicant day ☺️ what accommodation are you thinking of going with by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eg135)
    Im sure there will be others!! Will see when I go to the applicant day ☺️ what accommodation are you thinking of going with by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm thinking of Purbeck house since I've heard good things about it and i really liked the look of it when i went.

My top choice was Dorchester but i just don't realistically think i'll be able to afford it :o::rolleyes:

I only got to see Purbeck, the student village (:no: :no:) and one other (which i don't remember the name of) so i'm not sure how subjective i can really be without seeing them all...and the pictures on the website are pretty lame.

Which one do you want?

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of Purbeck house since I've heard good things about it and i really liked the look of it when i went.

My top choice was Dorchester but i just don't realistically think i'll be able to afford it :o::rolleyes:

I only got to see Purbeck, the student village (:no: :no:) and one other (which i don't remember the name of) so i'm not sure how subjective i can really be without seeing them all...and the pictures on the website are pretty lame.

Which one do you want?
    I was thinking maybe cranbourne, but have only seen online and like you say, the pictures are not helpful! Didn't get to see many on the open day last June so hoping I'll be able to see some next time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eg135)
    I was thinking maybe cranbourne, but have only seen online and like you say, the pictures are not helpful! Didn't get to see many on the open day last June so hoping I'll be able to see some next time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, i hear Cranborne is newly refurbished so it should be really nice and its cheap, plus an en-suite is a must for me lol

What's the condition for your offer btw?

ReputationRep:
    There's better pictures of the accommodation on the BU Facebook Undergrands page that i just found btw/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i hear Cranborne is newly refurbished so it should be really nice and its cheap, plus an en-suite is a must for me lol

What's the condition for your offer btw?
    I got told i need 300 Ucas point (BBB) but i should be fine as im predicted AAB ☺️ you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eg135)
    I got told i need 300 Ucas point (BBB) but i should be fine as im predicted AAB ☺️ you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's great
    I'm on my gap year so got a unconditional offer which I firmed.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh wow well done that's amazing! So we'll deffinatley be on the same course then 👍 btw do you have instagram or Twitter or something ☺️ can maybe keep in contact on there rather than here 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's great
    I'm on my gap year so got a unconditional offer which I firmed.
    Sorry forgot to quote the message ^^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eg135)
    Ahh wow well done that's amazing! So we'll deffinatley be on the same course then btw do you have instagram or Twitter or something ☺️ can maybe keep in contact on there rather than here

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i hardly ever use it but you can get me on [deleted]

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.