Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm sorry. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I have just been allowed back on TSR following a week ban for breaking the rules. I wish to apologise for what I did and use this opportunity to say that I look forward to starting a clean slate.

Yours,

DailyMailIsALiar

ReputationRep:
    What did you do?

ReputationRep:
    How thoughtful

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine the torture of being banned for a week and having to do other things in the real world. What was it like on the outside? Was it scary?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RFowler)
    I can't imagine the torture of being banned for a week and having to do other things in the real world. What was it like on the outside? Was it scary?
    The real world is scary :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaiDuc)
    What did you do?
    Something really silly in the heat of the moment, I got a bit carried away on a topic. I'm not proud of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    How thoughtful
    Thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    It was, I really missed posting on TSR and felt really bad for getting banned! I felt so incomplete not being able to post here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhang-liao)
    The real world is scary :afraid:
    It is indeed!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by DailyMailIsALiar)
    It is indeed!
    People are so rude and there's light everywhere. Its burns :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    It is indeed!
    (Original post by zhang-liao)
    People are so rude and there's light everywhere. Its burns :cry2:
    I'm wondering how long it took him/her/it to adjust their eyes to sunlight.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'm wondering how long it took him/her/it to adjust their eyes to sunlight.
    Interesting question actually :holmes: but I can't recall, might have been 10 minutes when I ventured outside

ReputationRep:
    Something really silly in the heat of the moment, I got a bit carried away on a topic. I'm not proud of it.
    no... seriously... what did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lionheart96)
    no... seriously... what did you do?
    Must I really say, it's really bad!

Okay,

Spoiler:
    Show
    Basically what happened was that I was on a thread regarding the end of Page 3 in The Sun. I was adamant that it had not been stopped (which given recent developments I was actually CORRECT). However to prove my point last week, I posted a link to The Sun's Page 3 online site, which contained women who were not wearing any clothes apart from underwear.

This caused me to get banned immediately, for posting "Adult Content"
    I recognised straight away that I had went too far in proving my point, and tried to edit the link out but I was banned before I could do so.

It was a silly thing which I deeply regretted doing. I chose to honour the ban in full, as opposed to breaking further rules by creating a new account, in order to dwell on my wrongdoings.

Once again, sorry for my actions.

ReputationRep:

Okay,

Spoiler:
    Show
    Basically what happened was that I was on a thread regarding the end of Page 3 in The Sun. I was adamant that it had not been stopped (which given recent developments I was actually CORRECT). However to prove my point last week, I posted a link to The Sun's Page 3 online site, which contained women who were not wearing any clothes apart from underwear.

I recognised straight away that I had went too far in proving my point, and tried to edit the link out but I was banned before I could do so.

It was a silly thing which I deeply regretted doing. I chose to honour the ban in full, as opposed to breaking further rules by creating a new account, in order to dwell on my wrongdoings.

Oh yeah i remember!
    lol you made it sound really bad, in reality it isn't though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lionheart96)
    Oh yeah i remember!
    lol you made it sound really bad, in reality it isn't though
    I really should have known better though! I just got so a bit overwhelmed by the topic, I didn't even think before I posted who could see it!

ReputationRep:

Okay,

Spoiler:
    Show

Lol it's alright sugar puff, we still love you. Welcome back into our extremly introverted lives:console:

ReputationRep:
    I really should have known better though! I just got so a bit overwhelmed by the topic, I didn't even think before I posted who could see it!
    i remember clicking it without even thinking (something you should never do on the internet!) I'd say its alright, children can just as easily pick up the paper and see page 3 (one of the problems of page 3 btw)

ReputationRep:
    Come back when you have been banned for two weeks :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I bet you felt like a right tit.

:getmecoat:

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.