Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    An introduction to me
    My name is Amy and I'm 16 years old and currently in Year 12. The first few months at sixth form were a bit bumpy for me as I found the transition from GCSE to A levels quite stressful.
    I started off with 4 A levels (on the school's recommendation) and dropped one (Religious Studies) after 2 months so now I'm trying to turn it around for myself and work as hard as I can.
    My problem is that I am an avid procrastinator and I often leave my work until last minute even though I am quite motivated to work.
    Also I play hockey and training sometimes takes up some of my time.

I'm studying:
    History (OCR)
    English Literature (WJEC)
    Welsh (WJEC)
    Welsh Baccalaureate (WJEC)

I wanted to join this competition in hope of it give me some motivation to do well in my AS levels.
    The goal here is to

• Do well in my AS and A levels
    • Get into uni (with either AAB/ABB at Cardiff Uni)
    • Go on to become a history teacher

Predictors
    My predictors for AS from school (which are a load of bull in my opinion) are:
    B in English Lit
    C in History
    C in Welsh
    Pass in Welsh Bacc

My personal goals for AS are:
    A/B in History (I'm struggling with this one a little bit at the moment)
    A in Welsh
    B in English Lit

I will try to update every few days or as much as I can
    Thank you for reading - AmyGeorge98
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by AmyGeorge98)
    An introduction to me
    My name is Amy and I'm 16 years old and currently in Year 12. The first few months at sixth form were a bit bumpy for me as I found the transition from GCSE to A levels quite stressful.
    I started off with 4 A levels (on the school's recommendation) and dropped one (Religious Studies) after 2 months so now I'm trying to turn it around for myself and work as hard as I can.
    My problem is that I am an avid procrastinator and I often leave my work until last minute even though I am quite motivated to work.
    Also I play hockey and training sometimes takes up some of my time.

I'm studying:
    History (OCR)
    English Literature (WJEC)
    Welsh (WJEC)
    Welsh Baccalaureate (WJEC)

I wanted to join this competition in hope of it give me some motivation to do well in my AS levels.
    The goal here is to

• Do well in my AS and A levels
    • Get into uni (with either AAB/ABB at Cardiff Uni)
    • Go on to become a history teacher

Predictors
    My predictors for AS from school (which are a load of bull in my opinion) are:
    B in English Lit
    C in History
    C in Welsh
    Pass in Welsh Bacc

My personal goals for AS are:
    A/B in History (I'm struggling with this one a little bit at the moment)
    A in Welsh
    B in English Lit

I will try to update every few days or as much as I can
    Thank you for reading - AmyGeorge98
    Hey, thought I'd catch up with you and see how things are going! How is your half term so far? :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.