Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'm looking at going into a PGCE in further education, they offer one at my Uni but they said they'd prefer me to have experience in a college but to apply anyway and gain some whilst applying.

Im in 3rd year so its really hard to find experience this late in the year. I did 3 months of experience in a Secondary last year, and decided teaching kids was not for me, I also did primary in year 10 work experience so my decision has been based purely on my past placements.

Has anyone else had any success on applying without the experience for the relevant age group? 3 months teaching experience is already a long time considering they only want 10 days!
    Kind of stupid for me to wait this long to question the experience factor but im not organised at all in 3rd year!

ReputationRep:
    Have you contacted your old college?

ReputationRep:
    Get a job as an A-Level tutor maybe? Or volunteer at a school for kids with special needs (our local one has all range of age groups so worth checking).

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.