Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why racism against white people don't exist? watch

ReputationRep:
    If you tell a joke about black/arab/asian people you are racist, but if you do against white people it doesn't matter?

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro. Get some sleep.

ReputationRep:
    White people let them get away with it. Furthermore, we live in a society which is hypersensitized to comments about Islam and de-sensetized to comments about English, Christians, Sikhs, Orientals, Polish. There's a big void.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I agree there is racism against white people too. I would say that the vast bulk of ethnic minority kids (if they are Asian/Arab/Oriental) try to act white to fit in, so they cannot be racist because they try to be white.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Whilst I agree there is racism against white people too. I would say that the vast bulk of ethnic minority kids (if they are Asian/Arab/Oriental) try to act white to fit in, so they cannot be racist because they try to be white.
    I was bullied for two years because I'm white. Kids don't pretend to be what they're not, and they can be horrible to anyone is isn't like them.

ReputationRep:
    Racism isnt worse against non-whites. Its wrong in an any context.

ReputationRep:
    Dehumanization of White people. When they talk about racism, they really mean racism caused by White people and White's only.But these days racism just means offending anyone of another race.. unless White of course.Yet being White is a privileged despite of this? LOLAt least non-White people have a homeland, White people are made a foreigner in their own lands and are racist to oppose this.Anti racist = codeword for anti-White.One day we'll have our revenge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango.Jett)
    Dehumanization of White people. When they talk about racism, they really mean racism caused by White people and White's only.But these days racism just means offending anyone of another race.. unless White of course.Yet being White is a privileged despite of this? LOLAt least non-White people have a homeland, White people are made a foreigner in their own lands and are racist to oppose this.Anti racist = codeword for anti-White.One day we'll have our revenge.
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaros)
    I was bullied for two years because I'm white. Kids don't pretend to be what they're not, and they can be horrible to anyone is isn't like them.
    this.

I really despise racist, whether they're white or from minority group, grew up in a heavily dominated pakistani area, and whites were actively being discriminated against.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to 2015.

ReputationRep:
    *Scratches head as he struggles to think of a 'white joke' he's ever been told*

ReputationRep:
    Not this crap again

You think that racism against white people is acceptable in society? Go on public transport tomorrow. Any variety. Start yelling out racist remarks about white people at the top of your lungs, and I'll be standing at the side with a video camera to capture the moment your face gets pummelled in by everyone in the vicinity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    Not this crap again

You think that racism against white people is acceptable in society? Go on public transport tomorrow. Any variety. Start yelling out racist remarks about white people at the top of your lungs, and I'll be standing at the side with a video camera to capture the moment your face gets pummelled in by everyone in the vicinity.
    I think its relatively more acceptable in society as a whole, but that isn't the issue.
    The issue is with academia, in academia you will find (if you study social sciences such as sociology or anthropolology) that there are many prominent academics who are expressely anti white european who are often not challenged due to political correctness.
    Aside there are a host of other smaller issues, such as repeatedly making far leftwing assumptions in a blase manner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Academic Bruv)
    I think its relatively more acceptable in society as a whole, but that isn't the issue.
    The issue is with academia, in academia you will find (if you study social sciences such as sociology or anthropolology) that there are many prominent academics who are expressely anti white european who are often not challenged due to political correctness.
    Aside there are a host of other smaller issues, such as repeatedly making far leftwing assumptions in a blase manner.
    Actually, I'll give you that.

I'd assume that these are mostly critics of western society and capitalism rather than white people themselves, but I wouldn't know. This is an area of politics I try my best to avoid.

ReputationRep:
    "White" people created racial classification in the 17th century and this is why they are attributed to creating what is known as racism. Many people see "Whites" as privileged in society and therefore they believe you cannot be racist against them because racism is prejudice + power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luke829)
    If you tell a joke about black/arab/asian people you are racist, but if you do against white people it doesn't matter?
    Apparently those groups have never oppressed anyone so they can't be racist. What they mean is they've never read a history book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Academic Bruv)
    In a Shakespearian display of tragic irony, the very thing that made western democracies such hotbeds for scientific development and social welfare is the very thing that is going to destroy it.

The ability to self criticise taken to its extreme turns into self loathing and hate for ones national identity and cultural heritage.......many in academia have this opinion of western civilization.

Worse still there seems to be a uncritical stance taken towards other societies and cultures that have created nothing but despots, they are seen as more 'natural' in a sense and any wrong doing by their peoples our in the name there off are blamed on western influence............ the west is going to fall

ReputationRep:
    ....deleted

ReputationRep:
    i'm on that part of the internet again

ReputationRep:
    Because

"Did that guy just call me a blank sheet of paper because I have pale skin? :lolwut:. Oh well. I'm still white. :cool:"

:rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.