Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have my interview at Edge Hill University in March for Primary Education with QTS. To be fair at least I have over a month to prepare myself. Has anyone else applied to Edge Hill University and/or had an interview?

ReputationRep:
    I have my interview at Edge Hill on the 25th of February and I'm so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    I have mine on tuesday and i am terrified. Good luck!! Xx

ReputationRep:
    I had mine a few weeks ago and got a place! You have to do multiple choice maths, science and english questions which are multiple choice but are on stuff easy to forget if not done in a while and there's 20 questions for each subject and you also have a written task to do which was on inclusion for me and when you get split into groups you just present your object or book sitting down to another candidate and two members of staff then you go with one interviewer who asks you questions but it's as relaxed as can be all you need to do is be confident when speaking and reflect on experince.
    Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    I had mine about 2 weeks ago too and got a place the answer above pretty much sums it all up, it's really relaxed however on the interview guidance you get a link to when invited to interview it says the science questions are on forces, floating and sinking and something else I cant remember but they're not, I didn't do too well it the science but my English and maths made up for it with top marks in both, in the 1-1 interview they ask about 7 questions like what kinds of qualities a teacher must have and talk about your experience like when you have seen a successful lesson and what made it successful, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview at Edge Hill last month and it was a lot better than I expected! The structure of the interview process was well organised, the interviewers aren't intimidating or trying to catch you out when they ask you questions, they want you to talk about all of your experiences related to teaching and why you think you are well suited to the career path. Just be confident when communicating and make sure you do research on current educational issues as they will ask you this in the interview! I gained a place there so will be starting in September on the conditions that I pass my QTS skills test!! Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm going to be starting the Primary Education with QTS course this September and I'm wondering if anybody has considered off-campus private accommodation? I was originally wanting to live on campus but after looking at how much money I could save through private accommodation I am now wanting to live off-campus as maintenance loan is very limited! I was just wondering if anybody else was planning on it too? It would be great to find some other Primary Education students thinking the same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanJ97)
    I had my interview at Edge Hill last month and it was a lot better than I expected! The structure of the interview process was well organised, the interviewers aren't intimidating or trying to catch you out when they ask you questions, they want you to talk about all of your experiences related to teaching and why you think you are well suited to the career path. Just be confident when communicating and make sure you do research on current educational issues as they will ask you this in the interview! I gained a place there so will be starting in September on the conditions that I pass my QTS skills test!! Good luck!!
    Hello, that was very helpful! Just wanted to ask - regarding the maths, English and science tests, what standard is it at? Where can I find the right resources to revise from?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalee96)
    I had mine about 2 weeks ago too and got a place the answer above pretty much sums it all up, it's really relaxed however on the interview guidance you get a link to when invited to interview it says the science questions are on forces, floating and sinking and something else I cant remember but they're not, I didn't do too well it the science but my English and maths made up for it with top marks in both, in the 1-1 interview they ask about 7 questions like what kinds of qualities a teacher must have and talk about your experience like when you have seen a successful lesson and what made it successful, good luck!
    Hi, this post was also very helpful! How did you revise for your English, Maths and science? I have no idea what level they will be at. Also how did you find the group task? Nervous about that
    Thanks!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.