Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Just out of interest, is the 1st year of uni for 'relaxed' in terms of assignments. By this I mean if you reference incorrectly a few times and make general silly mistakes.

I'm just interested, I'm still getting used to referencing and citing in my assignments and was wondering in the first few assignments I submit the uni would be more lenient if I got a few things wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Generally, the first year is intended as an "apprentice" year, where you're given leeway to make mistakes. It's the reason that many degrees exclude first year marks from your final degree grading. You won't necessarily be marked more leniently, but you should be given very specific feedback on what you've done wrong and how you improve next time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    As above, they're not lenient but they whip you into shape to write academically and to improve your grades.

It is for this reason that the final classification generally doesn't include your grades from the first year.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.