Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

anon because friend is on here

so my friend got tinder surpisingly as the type of person who thinks its shallow, anyway i was curious a while back about the whole thing and because she got it she was like well i guess it wont hurt and she was like yeah go for it

she matched up with this 20 year old guy called ben even though we are both 23, and then he said some cheesy chat up line they started talking

then i came across ben and she was like yeah swipe right so i did as we wanted to see the response, anyway he said the same line so i was joking like oh havent heard that one etc...

then my friend was like we should make a game to see if he knows we are friends as we both have pics with each other in

anyway she got bored talking to ben, and i was talking to him for a while, with the convo being very random like something that would probably be like a conversation between me and my brother, was just general jokes and funny so we kept talking

then she brought up the whole game thing and then we couldnt figure out what to do as we were intitally going to write the same things so we left it and i said i was going to bed

but instead of going to bed i was messaging him for a good hour or so just joking around, having fun and then he realised that we were friends, then he told her that he was talking to me and she then was like you are talking to that will guy still?!

and i was like yeah i got into swiping and we were just carrying on conversation, was just joking random conversation blah blah

then she said, alright well thanks for ruining it for me.

then i was like wtf, its a 20 year old guy on a stupid app! i mean from the beginning we both said it would be a bit of fun, its actually pathetic shes taking it so seriously and she wants to see the conversation, which is random and somewhat embarrassing because of it
    anyway i said, well i thought it was a bit of fun, nothing serious, i stopped talking to him now

i had to stop talking to him because 1) i thought she would read te convo and 2) i feel like she will be more angry with me and had to blank his message

anyway i couldnt sleep because i thought she was angry with me as she hasnt seen it even though shes replied on another group message we are both on

i mean im not in the wrong here am i?

ReputationRep:
    Your friend is overreacting.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.