Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I will be commuting by car to university about 35 miles away. I will have a part time job earning about £150-200/month. My parents are on an average income. Is it possible, being frugal, to have money left over from the student loan by the end of the year? If so, how much?

ReputationRep:
    It will really depend on your personal specifics (how much the commute will cost in terms of petrol, car insurance/MOT/service, exactly how much your parents earn, how much - if any - rent your parents will want you to pay etc).

As it's not a good idea to go into that level of detail on a public forum, you should probably figure out the specifics by using the online calculator to get an estimate of your SF funding, then deducting your anticipated spend:

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.