Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can conventional medicine do anything for partially dislocating a rib? watch

    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    So I've got hypermobility syndrome, which unfortunately means I'm prone to partial dislocations. When I'm back home, if I partially dislocate a rib, I'd see a chiropractor.

    I tried finding a chiropractor at uni in first year...but I don't know the person I saw made me feel very uncomfortable (hard to pinpoint exactly what) and he didn't seem as good as the chiropractors at home (I sometimes partially dislocate my jaw too and he didn't know where to begin ). I was looking at other chiropractors and it's literally double the price of my london one. I'm a student I don't know if I can afford to pay 40 quid on a semi regular basis so my question is... do I have to?

    I've never been to the GP about partial dislocations, I guess I presumed they wouldn't do anything/ referral would take a few months and when your rib is partially dislocated it kind of feels like you can't breathe properly. I don't know how I'd cope waiting that long as it's hard to sleep. Does anyone know how the NHS deal with partial dislocations?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2015
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.