Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I m newbie to this forum, and looking for online games, cool stuff and nice stay here..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacksmith01)
    Hi there, I m newbie to this forum, and looking for online games, cool stuff and nice stay here..
    What platforms do you have?

ReputationRep:
    League of legends
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Chlomc)
    League of legends
    Oh no.... :P

There is LOL or DOTA, both of which are free and DOTA is on Steam (go with DOTA :P ) These are MMOBA games and they are very popular. LOL isn't on steam as it isn't made by Valve and they wouldn't but such a big opponent on Steam

ReputationRep:
    Dota 2 if you want to become fluent in russian and learn to hate everyone from every country out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gandall)
    Oh no.... :P

There is LOL or DOTA, both of which are free and DOTA is on Steam (go with DOTA :P ) These are MMOBA games and they are very popular. LOL isn't on steam as it isn't made by Valve and they wouldn't but such a big opponent on Steam
    Most of the thousands of games on Steam aren't made by Valve, and Valve don't deny games simply because they compete with their own- there are other MOBAs on Steam and, depending on how you define opponent", there are hundred for TF2! LoL actually used to be on Steam, the game's owners were the ones who took it off so that they could distribute it solely through their own website.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Most of the thousands of games on Steam aren't made by Valve, and Valve don't deny games simply because they compete with their own- there are other MOBAs on Steam and, depending on how you define opponent", there are hundred for TF2! LoL actually used to be on Steam, the game's owners were the ones who took it off so that they could distribute it solely through their own website.
    Are you purposefully trying to make me look lie an idiot :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gandall)
    Are you purposefully trying to make me look lie an idiot :P
    Nope, just wanted to give you a bit of info :yep:

ReputationRep:
    tm forever and cs go + minecraft

ReputationRep:
    Chess obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Runescape 2004-9 crew checking in

ReputationRep:
    GTA V 😎

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    Runescape 2004-9 crew checking in
    Can you play old school RuneScape for free? Had so many memories on that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realcloud)
    Can you play old school RuneScape for free? Had so many memories on that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I never subbed I just mined to level 80 and got rich selling lobbies after slaying Elvar, u mirin? :sexface:

yes.

ReputationRep:
    Download Steam > Download Dota 2.
    Go Twitch.tv > Watch people play Dota 2
    Try to play Dota 2 > come back and realise that you have to spend more time on DOTA 2
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Nope, just wanted to give you a bit of info :yep:
    Hehe I know, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Platform of which kind you are talking about, will you please specify, however I was talking about online games.
    (Original post by Gofre)
    What platforms do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacksmith01)
    Hi, Platform of which kind you are talking about, will you please specify, however I was talking about online games.
    As in what do you play games on? Which console do you have, or do you play on a PC?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I used to play on PC only, i don't have console.
    (Original post by Gofre)
    As in what do you play games on? Which console do you have, or do you play on a PC?

ReputationRep:
    Hearthstone is a good game if your into that kinda thing

obviously theres the standard choices of trying LoL and DotA

f2p

Mmo wise i guess Tera, Rift, Archeage

fps games like soldier front 2, combat arms (which is incredibly p2w)!

you could make a small investment and get games such as cs-go, arma III, standard fps options of CoD and battlefield or titanfall (which i think is a good game but the community numbers are falling greatly

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 10, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.