Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I'll be starting my first year at UEA this September, and I live just over 150 miles away. Because of this ill have to drive myself to the university as no one else in my household drives. I know that the university doesn't offer parking for students and the only other option I can see is renting a garage locally for around £37 a month, which I would rather not have to spend.

So is there anyone who did manage to drive to UEA their first year and was able to find a form of parking, or a way for it to work?

ReputationRep:
    I was exactly in the same boat as you. I did however find parking which is 12 minutes walk away from campus (down university drive) and pretty much cross over the traffic lights and there's free parking on the first right.

You'll most likely make friends with people who live off campus that have driveways and do not use them as they do not have cars. This may be a more secure alternative option.

Hope this helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.