Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Need some help clarifying student Finance decision in why they've rejected my application despite providing them evidence proving my residency.

Basically, I've submitted twice the residency information requests (costing me in excess of £10 for postage fees and what not)

Checked the student finance 'portal' or what it's called, and it claims that I'm simply not eligible for student finance.

I've called them up to see what the fuss is about. They guy on the other end can't give me any clear answers other than claiming that the bank statements I've sent in are 'supporting evidence', despite being classed as primary evidence.

If you can't provide any other evidence other than bank statements, how exactly will I be able to satisfy their requests?

They won't tell me as exactly why they rejected my application.

Kinds,

Electrodude

ReputationRep:
    Nobody has any input?

Kinds,

Electrodude

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

Only original bank statements sent to you by the bank are classed as primary evidence. Printed bank statements are supporting evidence only and would need to be seen with other evidence such as payslips, P60s, council/utility letters, any letters from schools you studied at or even any child benefits or tax credit notices you may be named on if you were a minor during the period we've requested.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

The bank statement I've sent out were provided by the banks (reprinted). Will they not be classified as original bank statements?

These bank statements are the only ones that I can provide which sticks to this draconian time frame SFE is asking about.

And how come SFE never mentioned that I can use letters from schools to support my presence? will letters from employers also be sufficient?

Can you provide me with a list of other alternative information I can submit as evidence if I don't have P60's, utility bills/council letters or payslips?

I mean, SFE should be able to see that I don't pay any utilities and such.

This is ridiculous

Thanks,

Electrodude
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

The form we sent out lists the acceptable evidence from page 3 onward on which documentation from schools is included: http://bit.ly/1zMDpvA

We cannot accept employers letters as these can be easily constructed.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update.

Seems that the form has been updated from the ones I've been receiving.

Will have a closer look and see what I can do.

Thanks again,

Kinds,

Electrodude

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.