Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im a skinny fat male and im down about it. watch

ReputationRep:
    I used to be overweight and now i look really slim in clothes but i have hips and belly fat and just not good. how can i lose this look, what foods etc and exercise. i used to run but that didnt do much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trifleontoast)
    I used to be overweight and now i look really slim in clothes but i have hips and belly fat and just not good. how can i lose this look, what foods etc and exercise. i used to run but that didnt do much
    Look into body recomposition .. that should get you on the right track!!

ReputationRep:
    Read the FAQ then ask more specific questions if you have them because it has all the info noobs need to get off in the right direction.

I think you also need to work on how you think about your body too. How about focusing on being happy with the progress you've made so far? Think about things that are better and things you like. Otherwise you get into a mind set of focusing on the negatives and be one of those guys who's big, ripped and still not happy. It might feel false at first but there is benefit to trying to stop negative thoughts. Not that I think everyone should be or want to be big or ripped, there's a lot to be said for aiming to be healthy, valuing the physical abilities of your body etc over focusing on what it looks like.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Stop eating trifle on toast, I'd suggest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trifleontoast)
    Weight train on a tried and proven programme and fix up your diet.

Don't know weather it's more efficient for you to try and gain a significant amount of muscle first or drop your excess fat first - but I reckon you'd feel better about yourself in general if you dropped the excess fat first and then spent a long time slowly getting bigger.

Ultimately it doesn't matter which you do first - only that you start today and make progress every week!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.