Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi I've been having problems with my skin for 3-4 years now. I've been to the doctors and tried every solution it would seem, nothing works. There's good days and bad days but I'm no longer myself anymore. I can barely look my gorlfrend in the eye and I put off seeing friends and family, I feel horrible, disgusting and honestly worthless it's got that bad. I've tried everything, and I'm completely at wits end im demoralised and seriously don't want to go back to my doctor again, I hate the fact that my skin looks so bad and I hate myself for it. I eat well, drink so much water, used clean bedding, wash my fave once a day, moisturise and this has been coupled with precinct creams and oral medication, but nothing works! Someone please help and offer me some advice, please. It's mainly affecting my chin, see attached...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi I've been having problems with my skin for 3-4 years now. I've been to the doctors and tried every solution it would seem, nothing works. There's good days and bad days but I'm no longer myself anymore. I can barely look my gorlfrend in the eye and I put off seeing friends and family, I feel horrible, disgusting and honestly worthless it's got that bad. I've tried everything, and I'm completely at wits end im demoralised and seriously don't want to go back to my doctor again, I hate the fact that my skin looks so bad and I hate myself for it. I eat well, drink so much water, used clean bedding, wash my fave once a day, moisturise and this has been coupled with precinct creams and oral medication, but nothing works! Someone please help and offer me some advice, please. It's mainly affecting my chin, see attached...
    Hellooo, I would suggest trying (if you really want) giving up the medication for a while. If you've repeatedly been to the doctors and it still hasn't worked then leave it for now, give your system a break for a little while. In the mean time, use coconut oil to cleanse your skin either morning or night, as not only is it extremely moisturising but has anti-flammotary properties- you can rub in a little bit of turmeric and works a treat. Avocados are really great too for the skin! Exercising regularly is important too, you wouldn't think so but it definitely helps the skin. Hope this helps, and give it a try (no harm in trying)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My brother swears by rinsing his face with warm water then mixing freshly squeezed lemon and warm water... Dabbling it on your face and then rinsing it with cold water and then moisturizing.

He had some medication from the doctors which worked for a few months and then stopped and that's when he started with the lemons.

Recently he has started using all of the loreal men expert products in the Orange boxes and I personally can see a huge difference in his complexion.

You need to give what ever method you try at least a month to see if you notice any results. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I went to The Private Clinic and am currently receiving treatment from them (give them a Google ) which consists of laser treatments and chemical peels as well as medical face wash and cleanser to use at home. I've seen a massive improvement and it's totally worth it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Try the bar of soap that's called Simple. There's another thing, it's a homemade mask that consists of chickpea powder, a pinch of turmeric powder and make a paste with those two and milk. I've tried it and it works wonders.

ReputationRep:
    I was offered the contraceptive pill for my skin, didn't accept because I was 12 and didn't want my mother to have a heart attack. Might be a bit awkward though. Does it work for guys? I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the pill for my skin and it works great!! Skin is perfectly clear now
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    But what exactly is the matter with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinDy)
    I was offered the contraceptive pill for my skin, didn't accept because I was 12 and didn't want my mother to have a heart attack. Might be a bit awkward though. Does it work for guys? I'm not sure.
    Not a good idea for guys as it uses synthetic female hormones.

ReputationRep:
    Try raw honey, it works miracles
    just put it on like a mask and wash off after 10-30 minutes every day, should see huge improvements in 1/2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    Try... No dont try. Go and buy Apple cider vineger and apply it on your chin you will improvement within 10 days

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.