Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey please would someone read over my paragraphs and give their opinion on what grade it would get overall. Merci

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422455616.705237.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  178.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422455645.701216.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  169.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mclaura18)
    Hey please would someone read over my paragraphs and give their opinion on what grade it would get overall. Merci

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi I've just looked over your paragraphs and they're better than mine when I was doing my local town for the GCSE writing! There were only two things I thought of as I read it:

You said in one of your paragraphs, when you're talking about you and sister you said 'à nos grands-parents' but I think 'chez nos grand-parents' would be better.

In your first paragraph you said 'je vais y aller', but perhaps 'j'y irai' would be better, as it means the same thing but uses another tense in more depth to get more marks. It doesn't matter either way

I would say that they're around a B grade. To get it into an A grade try and use the tenses in lots of other places as well, and perhaps an idiom thrown in there somewhere? My favourite one is 'en à double tranchant' which means a double-edged sword, or 'se casser la tête pour quelqu'un' which means 'to go through a lot of trouble for someone' (it literally means to break one's head). But overall they seem worthy enough of a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mclaura18)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know about the grading system in the UK, but it's worth a very good mark if you're in high school.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.