The Student Room Group

Tips for GCSE History Students

Hi all,

I am in the process of sorting out workshop sessions for year 11's at my school who are aiming for A and A*'s at GCSE history, following the AQA WW1/LoN/WW2 syllabus. It's been a year since I have studied it and done my GCSE in history, so I wanted to know your thoughts. What things would help you? Have you done your GCSE history and have any particular hints and tips for getting those top grades?

Thankyou! :smile:
I did my GCSE last year and achieved an A* grade. I think what our teacher did was great, she continuously set fact tests so we had the detail and mock exams to help us with the questions. If I was helping someone this is what I would do, continuously revise structure and facts. Do all the past paper questions with them. Documentaries and films can be a great way to pick up context.
I hope this helps and good luck with helping them. :smile:
Reply 2
The biggest help I got from teachers were exam technique help

The things like how exactly to answer source questions; "this source shows.. The message of the source is... This relates to.." etc.

Also, revising important dates/events. Like the really key ones. Course we're doing doesn't have much on WW1/WW2/LoN so don't have any good examples but something like what was on the Treaty of Versailles, etc etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending