Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    i know I'm probably being way too impatient here but I applied to 3 universities just before the January deadline. I haven't heard a single thing from any of them yet.
    The only reason I'm getting so worried is because I'm currently studying an Access course and so all of my class are looking for entry to uni the year. The majority of people have had interview dates and all sorts but there are a couple of us that haven't heard anything.
    Im not really sure how the admissions works. Do they interview their first choices first and then if they don't work out go to other applicants? Whilst I haven't had any interviews yet, I also haven't had any rejections either.
    Can anyone who has been through this shed some light on the subject as I'm getting very anxious that I won't be going to uni at all this year.
    Thanks in advance for any replies.
    ps- I'm looking to apply for a highly competitive course of Childrens nursing.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    First of all, you should attempt not to worry. Yes, I know that you´ve heard this before, but I´ll repeat it for two main reasons: Firstly, you did apply just before the deadline, which is relevively recently and also a busy period for admissions tutors. Secondly, some unis just take much longer to reply than others (e.g. the ones I apply to tend to answer in Marts-April). I know that it can indeed be frustrating; I´ve been waiting for three months and have no answers yet and all of my classmates do

Reagarding your question on interviews, I don´t know much about Childrens nursing, but I´ll assume interviews is standard procedure for that subject? The interview procedure difers for different unis and departments, but some of them may invite the people who applied early to interview first (and then the late applicants later). Or they may just start by inviting the applicants they are certain that they are interested in (i.e. you may have been put on hold for now). Note though, that unis are on average quicker to reply to applicants that they reject (knowing this helps me being patient).

Hope that was somehow helpful - and good luck with you application!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.