Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 and 3/4 years last october for a silly reason and spent 3 months trying to get him back, trying to speak to him and being completely rejected everytime.

Now i find out hes moved on to an old friend of mine 4 months after the break up. We were always in the same group since primary but we never spoke much so i guess she never considered me a friend but to me it still hurt because she was there during the 2 adn 3/4 years that we were together, she always heard about hte stuff we did together, she was with us whenever we sued to hang out with my other friends so she basically saw us hugging and kissing and all those things.

What really annoys me is the fact that when i found out they were getting closer and talking all the time after our break up, i asked her if he was flirting with her, she said they were just friends and she was a "chicks before d*cks" kind of girl. And when i asked him if he was trying to get with her he said that he wasn't and that she wasn't "girlfriend" material. But now theyre going out secretly and i just dont know whether to wish them well or tell them to go to hell really

ReputationRep:
    You broke up with him? He's allowed to move on.

ReputationRep:
    If you broke up with him over something 'silly' it's not really his fault. It's not like you're still with him...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSilentBang)
    I agree, but I know it hurts to see someone you still want move on to someone else. Regarding your " i just dont know whether to wish them well or tell them to go to hell really " don't do either. I wouldn't wish them luck or tell them to go to hell because again, it's nothing to do with you. Don't wish them luck because why would you? You don't need to, it's not even like that's a standard thing to do or say in addressing a new relationship. Don't tell them to go to hell either because your pain is your own, they aren't doing anything wrong. You can think 'but he lied' but maybe that was his attempt at softening the blow for you. Also, yet again, not your concern, if he lies to you now it will hurt but you can't really do anything about it. Just try and pretend they don't exist. As a couple or as individuals, your choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sliceofcake)
    I agree, but I know it hurts to see someone you still want move on to someone else. Regarding your " i just dont know whether to wish them well or tell them to go to hell really " don't do either. I wouldn't wish them luck or tell them to go to hell because again, it's nothing to do with you. Don't wish them luck because why would you? You don't need to, it's not even like that's a standard thing to do or say in addressing a new relationship. Don't tell them to go to hell either because your pain is your own, they aren't doing anything wrong. You can think 'but he lied' but maybe that was his attempt at softening the blow for you. Also, yet again, not your concern, if he lies to you now it will hurt but you can't really do anything about it. Just try and pretend they don't exist. As a couple or as individuals, your choice.
    I understand your point of view but from having been in this situation myself. The quicker you pull yourself together and move on, the better. Take steps to make this easier, stop communication with them or block them on Facebook for example?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alkesh)
    If you broke up with him over something 'silly' it's not really his fault. It's not like you're still with him...

Yeah he's allowed to move on, I have no control over that I've told him he can do what he wants. The fact that he chose to move on with an old friend hurts a bit though :/

Besides the reason I broke up with him was because he was telling me that I didn't matter to him, only his best friend did

ReputationRep:
    I understand your point of view but from having been in this situation myself. The quicker you pull yourself together and move on, the better. Take steps to make this easier, stop communication with them or block them on Facebook for example?
    I've deleted him on snapchat, but we haven't spoken for over a month now. The only reason I still hear about what happens is because of my friends who go to the same school as him and they tell me when things like that happen.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.