Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Starting to feel stressed and panic. 3months before as exams and i want to acheive 90% and above.

Does any have any advice and tips getting the work done and not panicking.

I study Maths, Physics, further Maths and Economics.

I feel like to ensure i get these grade i need to work every minute i have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acrux)
    Starting to feel stressed and panic. 3months before as exams and i want to acheive 90% and above.

Does any have any advice and tips getting the work done and not panicking.

I study Maths, Physics, further Maths and Economics.

I feel like to ensure i get these grade i need to work every minute i have.
    First, try and stay calm. You've got plenty of time before your first exams.

A good place to start is checking that you have notes for every module you've completed, with nothing missing, and that you understand everything you've learnt so far. If you don't, go to your teachers and talk to them about it, now and as soon as you find any future problems, so that they don't build up.

Go through past papers you've completed and mocks and find out where and why you're losing marks - this is useful for finding where your strengths and weaknesses are, and so what you need to work on.

I did/have done Maths, Physics & Further Maths, so more specific help:

Pretty much the only way I know of to revise for Maths is make sure you know it all, then do past papers and practice questions from the textbooks. There should be loads of past papers available on the exam board website - for most modules they get harder as they get more recent (earlier exams are easier), so start from the beginning and work your way through, but if you find yourself close to exams (a few weeks to a month) and running out of time make sure you've done the most recent ones. Check what's in the formula booklet and what you need to know, and you can make short notes (A4 cheat sheet type things or something) for things you need to remember/learn.

Physics - once again, exam paper questions etc, are all the formulae you need to know on the data sheet? I'm guessing the maths part of the paper doesn't pose a huge problem to you as you're taking both maths and further maths, so this'll help you pick up marks. If you have a specific topic you're struggling on, work work work on this and get help from your/a teacher. Practice/learn the 6 mark questions (there're usually only a few topics they can actually ask them on), including memorising the experiments and equipment that you need to know. Revision notes (flashcards/index cards with question/prompt on one side, answer on the other can be good, but whatever you feel helps you). The revision guides for Physics are usually pretty good. If they haven't mentioned the EMPA within a month or so, go to your teacher and ask what they plan to do about it, because this is often what drags people's marks down and preparation can only help (go now if you're super worried about it, knowing your teachers plans might help!).

If you're struggling getting into revision, do little and often to start - at least some every day, even if it's only 15 minutes - until you get into the routine of it better. Would it help you to study with a group of people doing the same subjects?
    Remember to leave time for relaxing! I know if can feel way too busy and stressful and like the last thing you should be doing is taking a break, but your brain can only absorb information for so long. Take a break at least once an hour - if you feel you're too easily distracted by the internet, pick a reward that is definitely time limited or less likely to suck away hours and hours unproductively (eg. an episode of a tv show, exercise/take a walk if that's your thing, shower/nice bath, etc etc.). Good luck

EDIT: also prioritise your homework - get it done as soon as possible, without a deadline hanging over you for something your teachers might get annoyed about it can be a lot less stressful if you're usually the sort of person who leaves it until the last minute

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.